Recent content by DreamerDash

1. D

ID hitchhiker

My money is on a flatworm of some sort. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

I'm back. Sort of...

Welcome back! I'm excited about your sps pico; those are challenging but fun. I've been doing those for years. In my experience, the refugium is key. I would say make all 20 gallons the refugium. You don't need the sump then. Btw, how hard would you say poison dart frogs are in comparison to...
  3. D

Help with new build

Oh sweet!!! That is an awesome tank!!! Lots of fun aquascaping possibilities. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

Help with new build

Ok excellent, that helps narrow it down. You won't need to be as worried about light-PAR-depth ratios with the corals you listed, as they are less demanding of light. Also, several of the corals you listed are very fast growers, and the euphyllias are quite aggressive. So I would definitely go...
  5. D

Help with new build

What kind of corals are you going for? That and how you want to aquascape it are going to play a big part in picking the final option, I think. Good thinking in planning it all out in advance, right down to having different builds to choose from--especially when trying not to break the bank...
  6. D

HELP! Jellies

Oooooooh good call with that color-changing light; that will make those jellies really pop! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. D

HELP! Jellies

That looks awesome Brandon! That whole look is very retro-sci-fi. Kind of Dr. Who-ish. I dig it. Are you using the stock lighting? Oh wait, I just saw that lighting shouldn't be an issue. Hmmm, I don't know much about moon jellies obviously. I'm super curious now. This is going to be a great...
  8. D

HELP! Jellies

Oh man, I thought I had replied already! Tapatalk must've eaten it, grrr. I meant to say good thinking on avoiding the bubbles in the jellies' bells! And brilliant call on using marbles over the ceramic media! Using a saltwater filter designed for the purpose will surely help and it will be...
  9. D

Killing cyphestra the quickest way?

+1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. D

HELP! Jellies

Hey Brandon, that's a really great idea! I have a little 4 gallon biorb that I modified for a rock flower anemone garden. I just use the air stone in mine, and at that small a size it provides decent flow, but in such a way that I could definitely put jellies in it. I've actually thought trying...