Recent content by Dougal

1. D

Cracked tank woes

Thanks for the responses. I will try the paper towel test this week.
  2. D

Cracked tank woes

Sorry if I posted this in wrong forum btw, probably a better fit in Just Starting Out.
  3. D

Cracked tank woes

Thanks for the response. I did a search and most of the info I found said that if it's cracked in base panel, especially in corner where more weight falls, then it's best to replace the whole panel or just get a new tank, as it's an accident waiting to happen. I drained the tank for a closer...
  4. D

Cracked tank woes

Hi, I've been running a 46g bowfront reef tank for the last two years. Learned much of what I know lurking and reading on here, so thanks! Wanted to pick some experienced brains with my current problem. I'd been keeping my eye out for a bigger tank on Craigslist and recently found a decent...
  5. D

Rbta too close?

Thanks rco
  6. D

Rbta too close?

I added a rbta to my tank about a month ago. Appears to be doing great and growing. Problem is his chosen spot is real close to my green star polyps and as they have both grown there is danger of them touching at some point. Hate to move the green stars as they are doing well and look great in...
  7. D

Beginner/learning

Welcome. I'm a newb too and I bought my own ro/di unit as recommended by the great folks here. One of the smartest moves I've made. I bought the five stage bulk reef supply unit (around $200) and it's worked out really well. No more hauling water or wondering how clean the filters are at my Lfs...
  8. D

What is up with all the Kenya trees?

Yeah they are outta control. I think I need a bigger tank :)
  9. D

Here is a pic of one area of my burgeoning Kenya tree forest
  10. D

I'll post a pic when my lights come on
  11. D

I started with one small one. Now it's big and I have several medium sized ones and baby trees sprouting up all over my tank. Seriously, I went for a whizz earlier and when I came back there were several new baby k - trees poking out of my live rock;). I mean I like Kenya trees and all, but what...
  12. D

Help a newb with id

Why are they good to have in one's tank? Aesthetically or do they add something more? It is pretty cool looking
  13. D

Help a newb with id

Cool, thanks guys. It's definitely growing. I noticed a couple of other smaller ones too
  14. D

Help a newb with id

Appeared on my live rock recently... Sorry for the crap phone pic
  15. D

What's up with my Tyree leather?

Just replaced them in early jan. they are 14k phoenix bulbs