Recent content by docjames

1. D

Hyposalinity treatment using ATS quarrantine tank

Thanks Lee and Frankie. I'll do that. 8 full weeks as patience have grown on me over the months. You're absolutely right, I've gone too far since last what? September or November to mess things up right now. It's been a long road but I'm just plain happy I found this forum or I'd probably...
  2. D

Leebca, my 2nd phase of angelfishes are finally into the DT and all are doing well. I now are moving into my last phase of using this quarrantine tank to put some more corals, anemones, shrimps...etc into the DT. I have a question I like to ask of you. I'll be placing these into the...
  3. D

Thanx for everything leebca. my DT is full of healthy fishes. they are doing good and i started to quarantine some new fishes into week 2 now. hyposalinity did the job! happy fishes=happy me. Post some pictures later.
  4. D

I have 2 sets of equipments for the DT and quarrantine tank. Aseptic concept is well planted in my brain. Anyway, I want to thank you again leebca as I have finally got rid of ICH. Yes, my DT tank is fill with all the fishes from the quarrantine tank and they are Ich free. I keep the...
  5. D

Undertood completely now. Raising Salinity begin today, 2 days after a full 4 weeks after the last white spot was seen. Crossing my fingers and a another big thanx to Leebca! James
  6. D

Thank you leebca. Your first answer is only one that worries me. Can you clarify what you meant? Do you mean that it's there indefinitely only because the fish was found with ICH during biopsy post death? Or have anyone ever dissected a diseased free fish that have lived in an aquarium for a...
  7. D

Okay leebca, gonna pick on your wisdom again. March 29th will be full 4 weeks after the last white spot have been spotted and of which the QT has been in hyposalinity. I will begin to raise the salinity. I hope everything will go uneventfully. I hope my following questions will not be of...
  8. D

Thank you Leebca! I just scooped out the fish and take a close look with a flashlight and it doesn't look like ich. Too big. I did a excision on that portion of the fin and the fish seem fine right after putting it back to the quarrantine tank eating like crazy. You're probably right...
  9. D

Okay Leebca, it's been 4 weeks since I re-started the hypo. This time I monitored it very carefully a few times a day and keep SG strickly at or near 1.008 but never over. I noticed one of the Achilles tang's fin have a very define white nodule that appeared over a week ago. It's size is a...
  10. D

Thanks DaveK. But sometimes when I see something wrong, I can not add anything to treat the fish due to the ATS. It does have its downside.
  11. D

I'm pretty sure it is ICh. I have a big problem. They don't have cupramine over here. So thanks for your and Kathleen's support. More hypo for my fishes. BTW, If the SG drops down to 1.007 once in a while, will it cause any ill effect? Because of the airstone you see salt forming all over the...
  12. D

I'm pretty sure it is ICh. I have a big problem. They don't have cupramine over here. So thanks for your and Kathleen's support. More hypo for my fishes. BTW, If the SG drops down to 1.007 once in a while, will it cause any ill effect? Because of the airstone you see salt forming all over...
  13. D

Lee, thanks for the response. You know what sucks here? They don't sale cupramine at the LFS. I'll ask about it though. As for the last spot seen, that might be the problem because I did introduce the last fish (Sohal) 8 weeks before raising the salinity. I didn't see any white spots on...
  14. D

After 8 weeks holding at salinity of 1.009. I raised the salinity back to 1.020. 2 weeks into normal salinity, I noticed both Achilles had small specks on their body last night. Wasn't sure if it could be Ich. Well, today after work, I shine the light into the fishes and saw few dozens of...
  15. D

Question for Lee - Tang Flashing

Is it normal for sohal tangs showing flashing against PVC pipes once in a while? I've had quarrantine the fish in hyposalinity at steady 1.008-1.009 for full 8 weeks. I have a Sohal in the tank as you've seen in the picture and ever since he's been in the tank, he once in a while would rub...