Recent content by Devnull

1. Devnull

advice on setting up 29g

Oh and Welcome to RS, lots of good people here that are very willing to help.
  2. Devnull

algae problem

You will still need to do some manual removal, my Lawnmower will not touch it if it is long, also mine took a liking to flake and pellet food and I don't see it eating off the rocks/glass very often anymore. I think its kinda hit and miss just like any other fish, they have their own personality.
  3. Devnull

20 Gallon aquarium!

I think there are some smaller dwarf angels you would be OK with in the 20, many of them are a max size around 3" (the Flameback is one I really like). The Bi-Color just happens to be one of the largest of the Dwarf Angels, like you said around 6" full grown. I think you could do something...
  4. Devnull

What is so reef unsafe about picasso triggers?

My Picasso doesn't bother any other fish, but he will eat any invert he can get in his mouth...snails, hermits, shrimp...My will not bother corals if he is well fed but not being able to have snails and crabs means he is forever going to be a FOWLR type of guy (Mine at least).
  5. Devnull

How to hook up pump

Hookup of Booster Pumps are fairly simple keep in mind a couple of things. If you use your system right now with some kind of auto shutoff you should probably have a pressure switch to cut power to the booster pump so that you are no longer forcing water through your system, that said the...
  6. Devnull

Vortech MP20 and MP40-Pretty good deal-IMO

I might as well jump on this bandwagon as well...info please.
  7. Devnull

Serious temperature swings

I agree with this you might end up living with a slightly higher temp to account for the room temp on the warmer days. You may try 81-82 and shoot for that the be a consistent as possible meaning your heater will be on more on cool days and less to not at all during warm/hot days. I had a...
  8. Devnull

What do you put in your refugiums?

There are many options when it comes to Refugiums...it depends alot on your intentions with it. If you wish to only grow Macro Algae's such as Chaeto...then rock or sand is not really necessary. I use just a hardware store clip on light with a compact florescent bulb and I get great growth out...
  9. Devnull

CUC for 75G a couple questions

I have been working with ReefCleaners on a proper CUC for my 75G, I am familiar with all of the items except the Fuzzy Chitons...has anyone ever had one in their tank? From what I hear they are great algae eaters and are very strong eaters (I have even heard that they can eat nice scuffs into...
  10. Devnull

Shipping Options

Great John...glad to hear it. I should be placing the order today hoping for Monday shipping. Thanks Again
  11. Devnull

Shipping Options

I am looking to place an order but have a couple questions about your shipping before doing so. I see that you use USPS, when I used your website to estimate the express mail timeframe it shows 2 days which for some of the specimens in your suggested CUC is not recommended...do you have any...
  12. Devnull

Hello from South Dakota

Great to see someone else close by. I'm assuming you are in North Sioux? I am about an hour north of Sioux City in Sioux Center, IA. Anyway...welcome and remember we love pictures.
  13. Devnull

75G FOWLR Filter Question

I am currently combining tanks, Ive had a 75G FOWLR and a 29G Reef for quite a while now. My wife is pregnant with Twins so I am trying to simplify our lives a little bit for the next couple years. We are going to keep the 75G running, I have moved finished moving livestock around (luckily my...
  14. Devnull

Suitable fish for 30 gallons.

Tomato clowns are defiantly one of the most aggressive clowns out there, but my experience with them is that they are territorial but don't actively seek out trouble. I think that I would look past the Cromis in a 30 gallon tank as you wouldn't have the space available to have a "school", I...
  15. Devnull

Anybody Make a 2x70w MH 30 inches long?

I searched high and low for 30" fixtures and I found it pretty difficult to find many options. Alot more choices in either a 24" or 36", what type of tank are you putting the light on? I ended up going with a 30" 150W Sunpod for my standard 29G tank. I have been very happy with it, the 14k bulb...