Recent content by deehz

1. deehz

FS: Current Sunpod 48" MH Light w/LED's In GREAT CONDITION!!!

Light sold. Mods please close.
  2. deehz

RO Water tested positive for ammonia & nitrates?

Arguably the greatest scrutinized part of this hobby more then any other form of equipment or lighting is water. Water quality is one of those "no-no's" in this hobby where quality is paramount. That's why many of the hobbiest mix their own water, it's just strictly for piece of mind that you...
  3. deehz

RO Water tested positive for ammonia & nitrates?

Sounds like your LFS is not an "honest" one. RO water should not test positive for any of the compounds you mentioned above. It sounds like they have not changed out their membranes in a very long while. Or, they gave you tap water. Either way, time to find another water store or purchase an RO...
  4. deehz

Removing Copper (New to SW)

Hi and welcome to RS!! Great reef forum with great people. Now about your new tank with copper. Not worth it. Copper ions are tricky little buggers in that they can attach themselves freely to just about anything. Yet trying to remove them is even more difficult. Sorry to be a barer of bad...
  5. deehz

PM answered. Light pending sale.
  6. deehz

Carpet surfing wrasse.....

That sucks! And yes, most if not the great majority of fish are jumpers. Wrasses are a bit more notorious then gobies.
  7. deehz

New Price: $225 SHIPPED!!!! Someone is going to get an awesome deal on an awesome light.
  8. deehz

Starting A 20 Gallon Nano FOWLR Tank....Brand New To Saltwater....PLEASE HELP!!

A lot of INFO here. Wow. ~First of, welcome to RS! Great place for this hobby with great people. ~Second, take it slow, read, research, read, research, and ask questions. ~Third, take it slow. READ! ~Fourth, I am not one to say "not to" because I don't conform to the "norm", but don't...
  9. deehz

Keeping Macro with a Phosphate reactor?

What???!!!!! I actually understood this. I dont know how, but I did. :willis: KARussell88, he is right. Not enough nutrients for your algae to thrive in. Your system may be to "clean". I wouldn't shut down the reactor per say. Maybe start feeding a little more often. But then, this may...
  10. deehz

Wanted to show off my bubble coral!

Beautiful bubble coral! Definitely one of my favorite corals.
  11. deehz

I was holding onto it because I was going to build a system that centered around this light. Now that school is beginning not only for myself but for my boys/wife, transplanting in a new city, setting up a new system is not feasible right now. I was debating since we got here to post the light...