Recent content by DavidM

1. D

Plants are dying!!!

So right - I had the same issue when I was moving the inside of one aquarium to another bigger one... I accidentally damaged the roots of my plants and in the end I wasn't sure how badly the injury has been so I had to throw them away because I believed they wouldn'r re-establish themselves at...
  2. D

What the?????

That's awesome pics. Looks like what you're seeing is normal, going by the other posts. I am picking up so much just cruising through the forums here and learning what to do down the road. Anyway it looks perfectly healthy to my uneducated eyes and probably worthless observation. (Everyone here...
  3. D

Quarantine: Protect Your Investment

A quarantine tank sounds like a really good idea. So you will have at least two tanks, right, the QT and the one you transfer things from when they are found to be contamination-free? That makes a lot of sense. I'm new here and just picking up ideas, and I think that one is going to go to the...
  4. D

Bristle worms invade my pipe organ coral!

Wow, that's a lot of worms. Have you considered introducing something to eat them? (I've never tried this, mind you, but I've heard it works.) Wrasse, hawkfish, sunshine basslet, and arrow crabs are all supposed to eat the things. Some people say they tend to eat the smaller ones and leave the...
  5. D

Boat Wedding

Well, obviously the hurricane was their fault! Bloody irresponsible of them, but some marriages are like that. ;) Interesting the rules applying to a ship captain marrying people in international waters. Actually in a lot of places all you need to be married is the license and the ceremony is...