Recent content by coppens02

1. coppens02

Fox Face Rabbitfish problems

I also have a ocell. Clown and a Fire dartfish.... I love them! :)
  2. coppens02

Yeah when he is hiding but when he comes out to feed he looks a tad bit pale... I hope that is normal, for now. I have had him for a little less than a month so hopefully it will change.
  3. coppens02

I have a Fox face and it seems to have found a nice place to call home. However, It is a little too shy and rarely comes out for anyone to see and it doesn't seem to interact like the two other fish do. Are there any suggestions as to how I can get it to come out of it's little hiding spot...
  4. coppens02

hello from ohio

I am a student at The Ohio State University and I am from the Columbus/Dublin Ohio area! Welcome to RS!
  5. coppens02

What kind of coral should i get for my 30 gallon?

I have zoanithids and another type of soft coral that im not sure what is called! Could anyone give me advice on some good, hardy coral I could add into my tank? Nothing too crazy, something simple, easy, and appealing to the eye. Thanks!
  6. coppens02

Dark red Algae, what is it and how do I get rif of it?

I have a 30 gal coral reef tank.. I have a 115 mini internal protein skimmer, a Hydor turbo pump (400 gph), I 30 series of a fluval filter system.. I only have CUC so i feed every other day (about 5-6 pellets of veggie feed). my light is a coral light (I do not really know how to explain it) and...
  7. coppens02

Dark red Algae, what is it and how do I get rif of it?

I have a ton of dark reddish algae all over my live rock and my live sand! I do not know how to get rid of it.. My CUC seems to ignore it for the most part and it really is the only algae left in the tank! It has long hairlike strands coming from it and it is really annoying because I cannot get...
  8. coppens02

36 gallons are hard to stock...

That Lionfish will eat anything it can fit in its mouth! I would not suggest it....
  9. coppens02

30 gal tank, what kind of fish?

I got it 2 days ago, I probably should be more patient but I just wanted to see if I did anything wrong setting up wise... One more question! I have a ton of dark reddish/brownish algae all over my live rock and my live sand! I do not know how to get rid of it.. My CUC seems to ignore it for the...
  10. coppens02

I have another problem, I just bough the 115 mini internal protein skimmer and it seems to be pushing a lot of water out to the top and there is only suppose to be foam coming out.. i do not know what to do so could anyone give me advice on turning the pressure down or something? thanks!
  11. coppens02

I have another problem, I just bough the 115 mini internal protein skimmer and it seems to be pushing a lot of water out to the top and there is only suppose to be foam coming out.. i do not know what to do so could anyone give me advice on turning the pressure down or something? thanks!
  12. coppens02

Yeah I agree, I am not trying to overload my tank because this is my first one and I am just trying to get my feet wet when it comes to starting out and putting the right fish in my tank. I know clown fish are good but I wanted to know the specific kinds of fish that would be good for my tank.
  13. coppens02

Hi all! I just started my first tank ever and I am having some success! I have a 30 gal salt water aquarium and I will be putting in coral reef and fish here hopefully soon! I have my cleaner crew in now and hopefully within 1-2 weeks but I really don't know what fish to put in once I get...