Recent content by claudiabkr

1. C

Zoo eating pods

Well I'm bummed. :tears: The pods ate all but 3 of my orange zoo polyps and half of the alien eyes. I haven't seen any more nudis since I siphoned those 3 out. My cabbage coral also has some bleached spots on it and hasn't extended it's polyps in over a week. Is there hope for what's left?
  2. C

Zoo eating pods

No, the clear things look kind of like small lilly flowers with white tipped tentacles.
  3. C

Zoo eating pods

I did siphon out 3 tiny pink nudis over several days last week. They had been gnawing on the cabbage coral and the poor thing looked all wilted but looks better now. On closer inspection of the cabbage, I found 5 clear round things with tentacles that have white on the ends. Kind of like...
  4. C

Zoo eating pods

Help! Last night I noticed a swarm of pods crawling all over one of the zoo rocks. This morning about a dozen zoo polyps are gone. My tank is only 4 months old and its infested with pods. They're in the sand, rocks, even the filter cartridge. This is the first time I've noticed them eating...
  5. C

Intro

No I haven't removed the Bio-wheel. Should I? We ended up getting 2 Astrea snails, a cowrie snail, and a sally lightfoot crab that will probably go back to the store (or fed to the cats) as it's really agressive towards anything that moves (even tries to get your hand through the glass) and...
  6. C

Intro

It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday since I set it up. It was originally my oldest son's Christmas gift, but I kinda took over, poor kid. He's itching to get some fish in there, but I'm hoping he'll settle for picking out some snails and crabs next week.
  7. New tank

New tank

day 11 in diatom stage-ick
  8. New Tank

New Tank

15 gal Eclipse show with 20 lbs Fiji LR and 20 lbs LS
  9. C

Intro

I hope this works as I'm a pic uploading virgin. Here's a couple of shots of my new tank. It's in the diatom stage so the rocks don't look as good as they did when I first got them. The rocks are just stacked against each other without any epoxy but I think maybe I should epoxy them as I'm...
  10. C

Intro

Hi everyone! :hallo: I've just started a 15 gal tall nano reef a week ago. So far all it has is 20 lbs of Fiji LR, 20lbs of sand and the stock Eclipse 1 lighting and filtration, but I have a 32w Smartpac retrofit coming. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. Claudia