Recent content by chromefaery

1. chromefaery

Oceans Motions Squirt

Went with the sump and I have no regrets, but now I am having to move the tank to a different room...my tank crashed after an emergency top off was made. Well water can be influenced by neighboring farmland being fertilized regardless of the ro/di unit. I have learned this in a bad way.
  2. Condylactis_anemone

Condylactis_anemone

Condylactis sp. I've had for over a year now. It's waiting for a daily mysis storm...Hehehe
  3. chromefaery

Oceans Motions Squirt

Well, I finally broke down and ordered my om squirt, which is something I have put off for several months. What would be better: hooking it up as a closed loop or on the return from my sump? Just curious.
  4. chromefaery

Things i'll never have in my tank period!!!

Hermit crabs are the most vile and underhanded beasties offered. It doesn't matter how much you target feed them, how many shells you leave them or how many sizes you give them, they will devour all live snails at the earliest opportunity. I lost three turbo snails and two cerith snails to just...
  5. chromefaery

Urchins

I have a mantis shrimp only tank with just live rock. Anything I put in it will be possible targets of my peacock mantis as it already makes a daily target of my magnet glass cleaner.:bouncer: I do have a constant algae problem on the rocks so I figured an urchin would be okay to put in the tank.
  6. 2009_01_16_009

2009_01_16_009

7. chromefaery

Sorta new

Well, I'm not in a hurry to get to work this time, so I guess I can say a lil more. I have four tanks going right now, though that number is changing soon, my 30 gallon is being transferred to the fifty. The 30 will became a sump/refugium and second tank in one. If my idea works right...I have a...
  8. chromefaery

Sorta new

Hello. I only recently joined here but I've been lurking for more than a year. I am setting up a new 50 gallon reef currently. Don't have much else to sayat the moment.