Recent content by ChrisJan

1. C

Help my fish are getting eaten...

So far as snooping around my tank at night, all i have seen thus far is a mucusy tube like thing coming from a tiny hole in one of my rocks streatching out to nearaly half my tank to another rock...the very end has what looks like 2 little fins/flipper kinda ..its kind of green in color..i...
  2. C

We are in Okinawa Japan, our rocks come from the ocean here.. I will recheck the the water parameters, but everything else is looking fine, the Cardinals wich i added the same day, are still doing well....along with the original clowns, bandid coral shrimp and blennies and all coral is heathy...
  3. C

Hello all, We have a 55 Gallon tank, in it we have, 2 tomato clowns, a bandid coral shrimp, 2 lawnmower blennies and 4 spotted cardinals..A finger leather coral, a toadstool coral, a green star polyp and a flower pot coral, and a bubble tip anemone. I bought some new fish finally after 4...
  4. C

Parrot fish

Thank you so much! Mu husband is usually my resident information and compatability guy, but as he is deployed i have been trying to figure it out on my own and to keep the tank loking beautiful!
  5. C

Parrot fish

Thank you for the advice, as I will be returning the parrot fish back to LFS today. Can you give me any suggestions as to what fish are reef safe..We currently have 2 Tomato clows, bubble tip anemone, toadstool leather coral, finger leather coral, a green star polyp, 1 coral bandid shrimp, and a...
  6. C

Parrot fish

After making a trip to my LFS, I purchased a new toadstool leather coral, a couple domino damsels and a beautiful white fish with an orange stripe. Not kow what the last fish was, as we live in Japan, i asked if he was ref safe, and coulde live with clown fish, and the fish guys states "yes, he...
  7. C

New Anemone

OK, well the BTA needed to split but he was not willing to do it on his own so I took the liberty of helping him. All seems to be well. The two I created wrapped back into themselves, hopefully to regenerate. I have them hanging in a drilled out tupperware in the tank to give them a few days...
  8. C

Splitting anenemoe question

I wish mine would split. It is over 9 inches across, I am seriously contimplating manually splitting it myself.
  9. C

New Anemone

Well the aptasia is gone. THe anemone seems to be doing well after the encounter with the fan. Hehas moved to the other side of the rock where he was and I guess the coral beauty did not realize he was there and ended up paying for it.
  10. C

Need some help

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it.
  11. C

Need some help

It is not bleached it could have been the light. It is expanding and retracting very nicely and the polyps are out. Let me throw up the other picture. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/cjmh2112/tank%20pics/whitecoral2.jpg
  12. C

Most unique dives?

I would have to say that the most interesting dive i have had was with a whale shark here in Okinawa, Japan. I guess I will have to go dig up some pictures from the dives here.
  13. C

Rebuilding the tank

We had to start all over after moving with our 55 gal. THings seem to be going well at the moment but one event can change that. Fish Tomato Clown Coral Beauty Long nosed hawk fish Sailfin Tang ( Believed to be eaten by the BTA) 2 Lawnmower blennies Coral banded shrimp Couple of...
  14. C

New Anemone

Well it was doing well, now it decided to move and met the fan. Luckily we caught it in time and released him before to much damage was done. By the way I guess he wanted some variety in his diet and ate our tang.
  15. C

Need some help

I have these two corals in my tank. I believe that one of them is a brain coral but without any english descriptions here in the stores it is tough to tell the exact species. The other I have not the slightest, I have been trying to identify them myself but there ae a ton of experts on here and...