Recent content by chops29

1. chops29

need help ASAP identifying this worm

Wasn't there a guy from Ohio that found a 7 foot one in his tank?
  2. chops29

how lighting effects corals

O.K. so if understanding this correctly. I for example have a Purple Digi and a Orange Digi then I want to look for a bulb with spikes in.... >Pocilloporin primarily absorbs green/yellow (550-600 nm) light along with some upper UV-A . it emits a orange/red >highly fluorescent pocilloporins...
  3. chops29

Help with ID?

Penapple sponge good filter feeder
  4. chops29

Study links coral growth to sound

I can tell you this our tanks are extremely noisey. No matter how far you put the equipt. The powerheads alone would be a deafing roar to us if we were in there not to mention reverb from the glass or acrylic.
  5. chops29

rgfast 300 sps tank builb

Bump, couple of nice builds!!
  6. chops29

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

Wow, very impressive!! Hummm, there's a ten gal. tank just sitting in the garage.:p
  7. chops29

Santa Barbara

Srry wasn't sure were to post this so I went here. Anywho, heading to Santa Barbara, CA wondering if anyone knows of good reef stores in the area?
  8. chops29

Photos of my 125 gallon reef - best 25 of over 200!!

Wow, very nice pictures have you fraged anything in there? lol That thing is packed awesome looking!
  9. chops29

Crab id plz

Thank you all for your replies. Definently glad I got it out of the tank. As for putting it in the sump I know alot of people say that but if there's a predatory crab in there it's not much of a "refuge" then. As I'm not a big fan of just killing it out right it, a local club member has a cuttle...
  10. chops29

Crab id plz

Check this little dude out. I was checking out the night life in my tankand noticed this little bigger grazing towards the top. Apparently it saw me to and sought refuge in the upper most rock in my tank. So like a spider monkey i grabed up that rock quick as possiable and got it on the first...
  11. chops29

Saving Energy

look good from where I'm sitting!! been looking into these as well. However, my house faces west so my roof line wouldn't be good for them but my garage on the other hand has a big ol'roof face due south. These new windturbines are pretty interesting as well. Here in Illinois their putting up...
  12. chops29

SPS just not sure what it is?

Brought this from a local reefer and they wasn't sure what it was. Polyps are abit more brown then what's shown in the pic and the structure has neon green tint to it.
  13. chops29

another Algea ID

Found them!! ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Nuisance Algae ID Guide Description- Brown algae, has forked branches may have iridescent blue hue. Here is the thing with the dictyota sp. - there are tons and w/out a microscope the best you can get it down to is like a...
  14. chops29

another Algea ID

Been tooling around trying find this stuff thought I'd stop in ask you guys. The bottom 2 are Caulerpa pretty sure the top 2 are of the same type brown leafy pretty stiff so I'm thinking it's calcifing. (spl?)
  15. chops29

hi

Hello from the midwest. Welcome!!