Recent content by Chocstarfish

1. C

Purple red couloured algea problem in my RSM

Thanks for all your help I do have very good flow in my tank and im always blowing away at it with a seperate power head think i will just have to go chemical. One thing is it dosn't seem to affect my corals or fish at all.
  2. C

Purple red couloured algea problem in my RSM

Hi have had my RSM running for about 2 years now and everything is going great untill about 2 weeks ago a red like purple slime agea has appeared and is spreading and i cant seem to control it have added rowfos as I do this each month anyway but just can't understand the outbreak nothing has...
  3. C

LED Solid state lighting.

Hi I am thinking of investing in LED lighting as have seen it in my local dealers and it looks amazing. If anyone has done this yet please can you give me some advice on where you fixed the lighting under the hood also any problems that you have occurred along the way, and whether you think this...
  4. C

Peppermint Shrimps x3

Hi I have a red sea max that has been running for two years I bought it of a friend it is very mature. Since buying it I have noticed that it has Aiptasia everywhere, some are quite big to. So I decided to buy three peppermint shrimps they have been in there for a month now and have not noticed...
  5. C

You think you have aiptasia? Look here.

Has anyone actually ever seen a peppermint shrimp attack aiptasia mine only seem to want to eat aquarium fish food. They graze on the rock but leave the aiptasia alone, its very frustrating.
  6. C

Red Sea Max?

Do I or don't I take the ceramic out of my Red sea max that is the? Please help shall i just go for it. I have about 25kg of live rock and the system is to years old.