Recent content by chip46

1. chip46

Growth on live rock

My lr has been in the main tank since January 26, 09. Was wondering how long it will be before things start growing on them. I was having trouble with water temp at 80 or above but have had the chiller now hooked up last Sunday . Now water is staying at 76 to 77 degrees now. everything seems...
  2. chip46

Tempature

Used hose clamps barbed fittings. I even put Silicon around the pipe fitting and I still have a leak.
  3. chip46

Tempature

Tony how do you get the lines hooked up so they do not leak? Had about seven gallons of water on the floor. The hose going out of the pump is what sprays water every where. I have had two different types of connections on it , teflon tape and tightened it up. Have not tried super glue yet.
  4. chip46

Tempature

Need to know how people can keep the temp at a set point on the 34 rsm? Yesterday temp was 76- 78. Today 82.1 It is not even 70 out yet today. Window is open to let air in. I have unplugged my heater two weeks ago. Temp still goes to high. House heat is shut off at the breaker box. Have a...
  5. chip46

Gobie Clown

I did notice yesterday that nits were .05 or .1 My test kit is not true. I have my Nats down to 10 now. Ammonia 0 use ro water. After 24 hours I check my new water for wc. Nits read .1 I use this for zero. My ammoina test is always a lime to yellow reading. LFS said these are at zero on there...
  6. chip46

Gobie Clown

After having this gobie for three weeks I put him in my main tank. I then notice that he gets a dull white spot on his tail fin. Then it moved up close to its belly. Now it is at the base of the tail. Some days it goes away then comes back to a new place. Could he be stressed that causes this...
  7. chip46

What kind of chiller for RSM 130?

I have a 1/15 chiller for my tank. I do not have it hooked to the tank yet.
  8. chip46

hatching brine shrimp??

I used to raise the baby shrimp to adult size. After they hatch I would give them a pinch of yeast. Yes what you make bread from. It did not cost much and lasted a long time. It turns the water murky, When it is clear you add more yeast again. I hear you can also add selcon before you feed them...
  9. chip46

Micro Bubbles

My two cents worth here maybe we put to much carbon in the bag in the return pump area. I seem to do this alot. I seem to rinse the pre filter every two days.
  10. chip46

Zoanthids.com

Did not see this company on this thread. First time ordering from here. I bought a zoo and a paly from here. They are nice looking when they arrived. I did not know what to expect( never seen them except in pictures). He explained what they are and how big or small they were. Still A shock when...
  11. chip46

bubbles

CUC doing well. hardly see any alage but what is on the back glass. Just my test kit says one thing and I feel that with what I can tell every thing is fine. I too Thought the bubbles were a gas realese from the natrites leaving my tank. When I watched the bubbles taking off from the bottom of...
  12. chip46

bubbles

I see bubbles coming from the bottom of the tank. at times it is about every couple of minutes it will happen then it will quit for awhile. Is this Nats Leaving the tank?
  13. chip46

Will my tank EVER finish cycling...?

AGREE There reefmack. I had red sea send me a new test kit. Doing a water change and checked the nits and the nats nits checked in at .1 Nats were at 0 Ammonia always a light green color after 15 minute wait. My dip strips read a lot lower then the test kit. My nat. still reads 40 using thr dip...
  14. chip46

Water ?

NO never heard of this till today. I thought ro unit took all the stuff out of the water. This hobby sure has changed a lot in 12 years.
  15. chip46

Water ?

Ok Tds?