Recent content by Chillbilly

1. C

Still having trouble keeping anemone

Another update. The anemone is definitely duller than it used to be, which is unfortunate, but the tentacles are still healing. Every time I try to feed it it deflates, so I haven't been pushing it. Lesson learned, those phosphates can really do some damage.
  2. C

HELP! Is this a fire worm or an ok species of bristle worm?

If you can remove the rock it is in, set it outside and wait for him to exit.
  3. C

Update, the tank is doing great. My anemone is looking better in that it returned back to the nice short bubbled tentacles with the points on the end (like the first picture posted. Unfortunately a lot of damage has been done and the tips are definitely bleached and look mangled. I have...
  4. C

Ok, I performed a water change. Temp,Ph and salinity were exactly where they needed to be so I did a pretty close to 100% water change. It's been 24 hours and leather coral, shrimps, clown fish, emerald crabs and starry blenny are all doing great, my anemone was deflated this morning but...
  5. C

I have ecoxotic leds.
  6. C

Had a water test done at my LFS and the winner is phosphate at .43 :(. So, 50% water changes, I'll perform 3 and then check where the levels are. Waiting for the water to come down to temp.
  7. C

I appreciate all the advice everyone. I'll get more water and perform a larger water change tomorrow. I keep my salinity at .024 and make sure I top off as needed so it does not fluctuate.
  8. C

No no, I don't think you jumped the gun at all. I appreciate any and all input. You are probably right because I have not fed it in a while so as not to stress it any more. It is definitely stressed by something. This is pretty much the same thing that happened to my last anemone. I...
  9. C

Yes I have fed it. Deli shrimp, and silversides. Yeah the bubble algae is out of control. One day I looked at the tank and I saw tons of tiny green orbs, now they are huge. I bought an emerald crab but he doesn't seem to be interested in them. I have caulerpa in the sump to try and starve...
  10. C

All parameters are fine except 20 ppm nitrates. They were a little higher but I am doing 20% water changes every 2 days to bring them down. My temperature was out of control a few weeks ago due to a broken heater and my thermometer was giving me a false reading. I didn't find out until I...
  11. C

How do I get rid of aiptasia?

I used aiptasia x and it worked ok. Do not inject it though, just cover the anemone in it. I recommend turning off all powerheads, cover each one with aiptasia x,wait a while, and then do a water change sucking up all the spots of aiptasia x. I did this so the aiptasia x wouldn't land on my...
  12. C

Fireworms?

Fireworms and bristle worms are alike but fireworms are much more aggressive and will attack corals and even anemones. I recently discovered a fireworm eating my bubbletips tentacles and stealing chunks of food from it. Bristleworms are great for substrate and cleaning crew and are harmless...
  13. C

Greetings

It took me a while but here is a picture of my tank!
  14. C

Green bubble tip (and clowns)

I have a pair of true percs that took almost two months to pair with my green bubble tip. I tried taping pictures of anemones hosting clowsn to the side of the tank, feeding near the anemone with power heads off. Not sure if those were effective but you might want to try!
  15. C

my gbta is in trouble!

Just an update. He ate for the first time a small piece of shrimp. He has lost all his stickiness but putting it directly in his mouth helped a lot. I ended up going with ecoxotic panorama led. What a huge difference, even at 50% power. edit: and by in I meant on his mouth