Recent content by CGold4

1. C

Awaiting Hurricane Isaac....

As for New Orleans, yeah it's bad over there. But now they are experiencing 1/10000th of what we had to experience seven years ago to the day.. Their problem during Katrina was their faulty levee system. Don't get me wrong, I wish this upon NOBODY. But the response NO got seven years ago to what...
  2. C

Okay guys.. Back on. Today wasn't so bad for my area. Just a lot of heavy winds and awful rain. I live near the beach, half mile or so. All of the piers are gone. There are houses flooded up to 3 feet in my area. The tank stayed safe when I returned home... Thank god. But now we await the...
  3. C

Imagine.... hell on earth. That's really the only way I can describe a hurricane. This is the first one I'm actually staying for and riding out.
  4. C

at this moment, the MS Gulf Coast just wants some recognition. People here learn not to disrespect our storms.... due to katrina. So hopefully we'll make it out safe. Atleast if my tank doesn't make it, the fish will swim freely into the gulf! :spinner:
  5. C

I was thinking the power won't be off too long. Unless it's another Katrina... Ehh. Either way us Mississippians are still being referred to as "the land mass between New Orleans, Louisiana and Mobile, Alabama" by the weather channel. :rollingey we're riding this one out. so hopefully my fish...
  6. C

No coral here. The tanks actually still in it's first cycling phase.
  7. C

So while awaiting for Hurricane Isaac to hit, the one thing I am most worried about is my fish tank. We have a back up generator for when our power goes out sometime tomorrow evening. Just out of curiosity, and worst case scenario, how long can a 30 gallon tank go with damsels and live rock...
  8. C

Serious question..

Wow.. I didn't expect such insightful responses! Thanks everybody. You guys are really helpful. Funny how it was just a question that popped into my head while laying down looking at my fish tank haha
  9. C

Serious question..

Are you referring to evolution? Sorry, tylenol pm is kicking in -__-
  10. C

Serious question..

I figured it's always been on it's own kind of cycle forever.. Just couldn't quite wrap my tiny brain around the question :ponder2:
  11. C

Serious question..

Alright, this might be stupid. But my mind started to wander tonight- and since I'm majoring in Biology and hopefully making my way towards a profession in the marine field; I was wondering if the ocean has ever cycled, or continually cycles, the way that all of our Aquariums must do. This might...
  12. C

Tanked

It made me laugh when the guy suggested a line of tanks and tracy morgan was like, "That's not going to happen...."
  13. C

Quick question on water changes..

unless he emails me some.. that might can work
  14. C

Quick question on water changes..

Pictures might be hard to come by in my case.. I dropped the iPhone into my tank. So now walmart has supplied me with a pos flip phone without a camera for now..