Recent content by cburns32

1. C

Cycling my 12G

Well I currently have in the tank 9 Cerith snails, 4 Margarita snails, a peppermint shrimp, and a cleaner shrimp...They all seem to be doing fine after 5 days in the tank...I'll test the water today, and do a 25-30% water change...and post the results asap
  2. C

Cycling my 12G

Day 26 results: pH - 8.2-8.3ish Ammonia - 0ppm Nitrite - 0ppm Nitrate - 15ppm S.G. - 1.025 Sal. - 40 Temp. - 81 F I think I'll go get some cleaners tonight, maybe just a few snails, a hermit or two, and possibly one shrimp, what do you all think?
  3. C

Cycling my 12G

Aight, well I'm gonna go test the water right now, and possibly do a water change, I'll post the results and everything else on here ASAP
  4. C

Cycling my 12G

Day 20 Test Results pH - 8.2-8.3ish Ammonia - 0 ppm Nitrite - 5.0+ ppm Nitrate - 160+ ppm Specific Gravity - 1.024-1.025ish Salinity - 34-35ish Temperature - 81 F Is this normal for the nitrites and nitrates to be this high at this stage in the cycle?
  5. C

Cycling my 12G

Aight, I'll prolly test again today or tomarrow so I'll post the results ASAP
  6. C

Cycling my 12G

Yeah I get it, it has been about two and a half weeks since I started the cycle, I have loads of algae everywhere on the glass, sand and rocks, I'm going to test today, and then possibly do a water change and go get some inverts at the local LFS, any suggestions on cleaners, or is to early?
  7. C

Flow for 12G NC

Yeah, I know for sure its not 226 gph coming out nor is it 4 pgh coming out I'm guessing somewhere around 160-180, I'll try the filling up the cup thing though to.
  8. C

Flow for 12G NC

Confusing...But I'll look into getting a big pump, but it sure does seem like more than 4 GPH is coming out.
  9. C

Cycling my 12G

Aight, but how do I keep that salinity down? It's seems super high.
  10. C

Cycling my 12G

Day 8 Test Results pH - 8.2 Ammonia - 3.0 ppm Nitrite - +5.0 ppm Nitrate - +160 ppm Specific Gravity - 1.032 Salinity - 42 Temperature - 80.2 degrees F The reason the specific gravity is so high as well as the salinity, is because I haven't done a freshwater top-off yet, that'll...
  11. C

Flow for 12G NC

Aight well it just seems like so little, so I was wondering what may be causing that, maybe it's because I have 2 sponges in chamber 1, should I maybe take 1 out?
  12. C

Cycling my 12G

Aight, I have a bag of activated carbon should I just replace that with the chemi-pure, to have better test results...?
  13. C

Cycling my 12G

Yeah, that's what I'll prolly end up doing...Any other suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.
  14. C

Cycling my 12G

What about a vacuum/syphon, what kind should I get or should I wait until after the cycle for that too?
  15. C

Cycling my 12G

Aight, I gotta get a vacuum/syphon sometime in the future, espcially because I want to be vacuuming my sandbed soon. And I think after the cycle I'll remove the LR. What about water changes, I heard no, because it may remove necessary bacteria for the cycling process, so I heard until the...