Recent content by Cavinca

1. C

Live Rock Hitch Hiker Identify Please

Hmmm, I only found a couple pics with the two spots that this fishy has. Most the pics with the two spot like mine are brownish and light blue. It is VERY vibrant if its a juvenile. Thanks PSU! I had it pegged as a Christmas wrasse yesterday. Only one spot was showing.
  2. C

Live Rock Hitch Hiker Identify Please

Hey guys! Long time no see. Well I talked my brother into a sw tank and we set him up yesterday. He was trying to psych up his wife and was talking about all the cool little hitchhikers that pop up from liverock... worms, feather dusters, crabs, shrimp, you know the norm :snshne: Well as...
  3. C

KZ T5 bulbs . .

Yeah i read a lot of grims stuff. The bulbs i went with were pretty much based on his suggestions. The par for both bulbs were tested in 5 different tanks. The Purple Plus averaged out around 328. The Fiji purple around 308. In defense of the Fiji Purple, im not sure how old all the...
  4. C

KZ T5 bulbs . .

i went with: 1x 12000k UVL Actinic White 50/50 1x ATI Aquablue Special 2x ATI Blue Plus I am debating whether or not to order a KZ Fiji or ATI Purple Plus to swap with a Blue Plus. I guess i will make that decision after i get my current order in.
  5. C

KZ T5 bulbs . .

Hey Al! I just had to order some new bulbs, so i have been hunting down combinations of colors both locally and online. A couple of the tanks around here were running The kz's and an couple were running ATI Purple Plus. To my eye neither put out a purple. They were all a pink color, from...
  6. C

Anemone into the powerhead suggestions on water changes?

When this happened to me, with the k3 also, i ran carbon for a while. Over the week i did about 90% in water changes. Large water change, and then like 10% 24 hours apart for a week. Theres gonna be lots of extra "nutrients" in there after destruction like that. I still had algae/xenia(lol)...
  7. C

Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad......

Sorry to hear that... Just think of it this way: Somewhere there's somebody walking around with skimpoo gunk nasties in their delicates. That should put a smile on your face.
  8. C

Hammer Coral Over Extended

No. If u want close uP pics buy yourself a macro lense if u can. If u want far away pics buy a telephoto. Photgraphy is like reefing with respects to buying equipment. Don't buy cheap bad equipment. Save up and buy right. You get what you pay for.
  9. C

it works if you can got a fast enough lense. my telephoto is better in low light, fast shutter scenarios than my all purpose. Go figure. Only problem is its a manual focus on my camera. edit* also very narrow Field of depth.
  10. C

i have a 10x and 20x diopter. Camera is a nikon d40. but that pic was taken with a telephoto lense from about 8 ft away with a tripod..... Im so not kiding.
  11. C

well ive had them pretty close to a lot of other corals with no problem. the head with the extended sweeper was 2 inches from my pagoda. No problems whatsoever. now theres nothing within a 10 inch radius of these guys, and now its sweeping??? the closest coral is *drum roll please*...
  12. C

Wow... This hobby never ceases to amaze me. I have had this coral for well over 1.5 years as well as other Euphyllia for longer, and have never seen them extend like that. Day or night.
  13. C

Hey guys i just found this today. I moved a branch of my hammer coral from a spot that had extreme flow. The branch had two heads. One was perfect, and the other was always contracted because it was directly in the line of fire(flow). its been in its new spot for over two weeks and today...
  14. C

Coral Id? Please.

Nope. The skeleton is circled in red. The coral i want to ID is in yellow. Some type of favite most likely. That single cell(yellow) is all thats left of whatever this particular colony was. The skeleton(red) shows that the colony was rather prominent.
  15. C

Critter ID

lol. i ran into a LFS that was selling "aiptasia rocks" for like $35. This little guy just doesn't look like the aiptasia i've seen or had before. Other than the tentacles that is.