Recent content by CAReefer

1. C

Which brand of SALT do you use???

Been a while since I posted. I never did receive the Boron test kit. I do however, still use the SeaChem salt. Consistency is much improved and mirror my previous test. All inhabitants are doing well and coloration continues to improve. I have no intentions of switching salts. Marshal
  2. C

My first coral

I finally got rid of them when I transferred from my 75 to the 225. Worse than weeds. Grew over everything. They are kinda cool at first, but.... If you want xenia, go for the pom pom or the silver. They don't spread nearly as bad.
  3. C

Who's currently growing frags?

Mopecula, The only advice I can share is double bag, tape a 20 hr heat pack to the lid of the styrofoam inner box, and use FedEx, Ups has dropped the ball twice out of the 5 I have sent out.
  4. C

Reef ready vs wet dry on back of tank.

My main display is a reef ready with overflow and sump. My frag tank used to have wet dry built in, but is used strictly for an overflow at this point. Marshal
  5. C

Saying Hi

Sorry I've been gone for a bit. Under the weather. Just working and sleeping. Thanks for the gracious welcome and appreciated comments. Web page is abit outdated. All it takes is time which there seems to be little of lately. Marshal
  6. C

Who's currently growing frags?

I have been propagating SPS for about a year now. I have a 90 gallon 48x48x12 truview acrylic tank plumbed into my display system. It's lit with 2- 250 phoenix 14k DE bulbs in the ROIII reflectors. I will try and get a pic up in the next day or two. I sell them on a small scale basis as well as...
  7. C

My first coral

You can try dosing some iodine (Lugol's). Once I started dosing per instructions (long time ago, I don't remember exactly how much) they took off like weeds. If they are the "pumping" elongata, the pumping motion is an indicator of their condition. The faster they pump, the happier they are. I...
  8. C

Saying Hi

Feel free to check out my webpage also.
  9. C

Saying Hi

Sorry for the quality, but 100k is pretty tight with my camera. This was January last year. I have reaquascaped since then and things look pretty immature now. Marshal
  10. Full-1_03_05a

Full-1_03_05a

11. C

How many tanks?

Craig, I live in Paso Robles. It is about 2 hours north of Santa Barbara and 4 hours south of Frisco. Thanks, glad to be here.
  12. C

Saying Hi

Got lots of pics, unfortunately I'm at work and can't access them right now. I will post some up soon. Is there a size restriction in the gallery?
  13. C

RO/DI poll

I use exclusively RO/DI water for all replacement. My tap is >600 tds so using it untreated is not an option. My local culligan sells RO water but the tds of it is still >100. In a pinch I would use it.
  14. C

How do you run your circulation

I run 2 tunze 6100's on a 7094 controller. In addition 1270 gph return pump on Ocean Motion Super squid with 4 corner outlets.
  15. C

~Testing~

Ph continually monitored. CA, Alk and Mg checked weekly Sg checked and adjusted weekly with water change. Phosphates checked every 2 weeks. More often if any signs of distress or algae on glass. Marshal