Recent content by Cannoy

1. C

Tank got too hot?

a lot of the stuff i had was new frags and they were all just starting to get real color when the temperature went up, so i was assuming that was the cause of the bleaching. nothing else has really changed.
  2. C

Tank got too hot?

I got the temperature stable and it has been for several days, but now the acros that didnt die are starting to bleach. Is this just because of stress from the temperature changes?
  3. C

Tank got too hot?

I crammed a large box fan under my stand just to see if a fan would help before i went and bought one and my temps went from almost 85 today down to 80. Ill see what happens when i get a smaller clamp on fan tomorrow.
  4. C

Tank got too hot?

i have noticed that my tank isnt evaporating as much water as it did a few weeks ago. ill try a fan and see what happens, if that doesnt work ill look into a dc pump, thanks for the help.
  5. C

Tank got too hot?

Its a 20 gallon tank with a 20 gallon sump and the sump holds 15 gallons. My lighting is 2 AI primes so i dont think they are contributing much heat. and no, my sleeping schedule wasnt normal that day lol, on warm days the tank was 86 during the day and 84 during the night. a chiller would cost...
  6. C

Tank got too hot?

When it started warming up here the other day i woke up and saw that my tank was 86 degrees and by the end of the day my sps started to die. Would the heat have caused them to die? Also the acros that are left have no polyps coming out. I used a laser thermometer on my magdrive pump and its...
  7. C

Dripping Kalkwasser

I'm only considering Kalk to maintain calcium and alkalinity because before I had all these acro frags in there the calcium was holding at 460 and now its dropped to 400. The tank is roughly 30 gallons of total water and has 10 1" acro frags in it. I'll test again this weekend before and after...
  8. C

Dripping Kalkwasser

Im using Reef Crystals right now and a new batch is around 460 and after a water change im currently at 400.
  9. C

Dripping Kalkwasser

I understand you can only dissolve 2 teaspoons per gallon. I just thought I could do this mix or less depending on what my tank needs, and let it drip for longer than one day. Also this is a 20 gallon tank with around 30+ gallons including the sump, and I have around 10 acro frags. Will kalk be...
  10. C

Dripping Kalkwasser

I've read that people add kalk to their ATO but since I don't have an ATO I was going with the drip method. My question is could I mix one strong gallon of kalk and let it drip over several days or does it have to be added at the same speed as evaporation? I was wondering if i could do it this...
  11. C

Acro ID please.

Picked this up yesterday but the person who sold it to me couldnt remember the name of it. And will it always have this brown color on it, or will it eventually change? What looks purple is a reflection of my light, that area looks brown in person.
  12. C

I have snails!

A lot of tiny snails just started showing up on my glass and im not sure what kind they are. I tried to get picture of them but it didnt turn out good. Are there any snails that arent reef safe? If there are ill look up a picture to compare mine too. Also the only snails i have put in my tank...
  13. C

What is this?

Thanks, wasnt even sure how to start researching it.
  14. C

What is this?

Not sure what this is or how to describe it and they only come out at night.
  15. C

Tri Color Acro?

Ok, thanks for the info.