Recent content by caja

1. C

Is this hair algae?

it doesn't look like hair algae to me. not sure what it really is. sorry.
  2. C

My Clarkii may be headed to the LFS

my clarkii only harrasses the six line wrasse in my 30. he makes a concerted effort to hunt him down on occasion just to chase him. it's pretty funny. the clarkii has no problem with the other 4 fish.
  3. C

Zoanthid problem... anybody seen this?

keep an eye on the base of the sick colony. I'm struggling with a fungal infection in two of my zoo colonies. funky white sponge-like growth that slowly is killing them. it seems to have slowed down it's progression so the corals will get a dip today.
  4. C

Congrats to the CPAs!!

um...how many carseats? does that mean she's got more than one bun in the oven?
  5. C

Worm?? Maybe

it's probably a harmelss terebelllid worm. they tend to extend their feeder tenticles out and across the sand bed , LR and corals searching for detritus and microorganisms.
  6. C

Another Tank Update!

very exciting. thanks for the update!
  7. C

question about colors

96 watts would be more acceptable for a broader range of possible tank inhabitants that you may be considering. your corals will thank you. however if you plan to go the sps route, there are a few, like montipora that will do well under PC's, but acros would need halide lighting.
  8. C

nasty sand worm

whoa, you put it back in? I'd have given it a swirlie just for being so darn creepy looking. swirled a few 8" bristles when I broke down my two nanos. blech.
  9. C

Congrats to the CPAs!!

OOOO they showed some of those cars on GMA last week some nice stuff, but that one designed by women is dumb looking. deposited my tax check today. Yippee!
  10. C

Byssus thread...

excellent Ryan! can't wait to see what kinds of goodies come out of there.
  11. C

Filamented Flasher and 6 line compatible?

I just introduced a scott's fairy wrasse (velvet wrasse) to my 30 that houses a six line as well. no problems whatsoever.
  12. C

Byssus thread...

bien, gracias, y los zoanthids es (or is it estas?) muerte. stupid zoo fungus wiped out my blue colony and yours which was right next to the blues. nope, not driving 6 hours for corals. I'm thinking Ken is just going to have to ship mine and the clam he has as well, no time now to drive up...
  13. C

Byssus thread...

hola bird! que tal?
  14. C

Byssus thread...

AHA! that would explain that rather disgusting unidentified chunk of nasty stuff lying on my sandbed in the 30 last week. I had no clue what the hell it was. scooped out and grossed out. blech.
  15. C

Frags For Sale

Johnny, if you can't hook up with Rob, hop on the beltway and hit Roozen's in the Ft. Washington/ Oxon Hill area. Excellent prices. www.roozens.com