Recent content by bvs12

1. B

Future owner of RSM C 130

I have that set up in my 250 rsm. I just had to scrape of some of the black paint off the back so that it will work. I just used a new razer blade and cleaned a area just big enough for the sensor.
  2. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

I picked up some more rock from someone braking down there tank. A few new coral came with it and a sea urchin. Also added the new power head. Now have to get a wave maker control. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  3. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

My friend just gave me a new Hydor Koralia 1150 brand new that he had from his tank and never used it. Do you think that is overkill. I have the 1150 set up right now on the opposite side of the strong return pump. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  4. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

Thanks for the complement on the rock scape. I was a stone mason for a while so that probably helped. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  5. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

I added this guy on sunday to help clean up the sand bed. Still thinking of adding a little more live rock. Not sure how much I should have. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  6. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

I have been thinking of getting the spin stream because the water pressure keeps messing with my sand. I will definitely get one now. I will have to wait a little before I get the power heads. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  7. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

Thank you. It has been alot of work but we'll worth it. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  8. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

can anyone identify the bright green coral for me please. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  9. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

Some pictures of the set up. Everything in here came with the tank. Other then snails and crabs. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  10. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  11. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

So far I bought an auto to off so the skimmer is running at its best and the skimmer pump because it did not come with it. Very happy that I don't need to buy lights. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  12. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

Thanks for the links. I will check them out. One of the good things the last owner did was change the bulbs not to long ago they are ati lights bulbs. One of them is not and I plan on changing that one soon. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  13. B

Takeover/revive RSM250

Hi all I am new to the forum and the hobby. I have had a fresh water tank for many years but this is my first sw tank. So I picked up this tank 3 weeks ago 2 hours away from my house. The tank was badly neglected. High salt level, low water level, protein skimmer had not bean running in some...
  14. B

New 250 owner. Want to make a fuge on the right chamber

I also moved the water with the tank. For the first week I did water changes every other day just to clear it out and try to get everything stable. It has worked just the nitrates are high now. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
  15. B

New 250 owner. Want to make a fuge on the right chamber

I will definitely start a take over/revive. Thread. That will be my next step. This is my first sw tank I have had a fresh water tank for 10 years and my friend got me into sw tanks. He has been doing tanks for 12 years. So he is my right hand man when it comes to my tank right now. I picked...