Recent content by bugabugirl

1. B

Light for refugium?

fred meyers stays open until 11... I had 6 minutes. I went in and bought a replacement bulb.. it was a LED but the only thing that woud fit is a halogen light 10 watts. Its bright... Is it too bright for a refugium? Its not a very big compartment like 4 inches wide by 12 inches tall
  2. B

Light for refugium?

I think I must be jinxing myself. I had a previous thread asking advice about the hitchhikers I saw in my refugium and someone was asked about my light I used... It is just a cheap clip on light I bought at the LFS for 7 or 8 bucks. A little reading light I can probably buy at target...
  3. B

Critters in refugium

its just a clip on light, like what you use for book reading which is on 24/7.. I tried to grab that bad critter and it dropped back into the refugium :cursin: I'll be on the look out for it....
  4. B

Critters in refugium

Thanks for the advice... I figured it was Ok but I thought I should check
  5. B

Critters in refugium

I know me either... Would you think brittle stars would eat the pods? Or are they more filter feeders...
  6. B

Critters in refugium

Hi, I was hoping for some advice :java: I have a compartment in my sump for a refugium. The compartment is not very big maybe 4 inches wide by 12 inches tall. I have had the setup going for about 3 months now. My sump flows into a 30 gallon cube tank. From the beginning I had a...
  7. B

Light suggestions?

Hi Big Al, I quickly went through your link on 20" tank, I was hoping to see a full tank shot of your light? I see the tip of it. Do you have one ? I'm just curious what it looks like? You didn't have to do any mods to it to make it fit ? I have been thinking I was stuck with 20"...
  8. B

Light suggestions?

smallest light fixture I can find is 24" for T-5 .. can I make it fit on a 20" tank? Have you seen it smaller? I will keep reading up on it but thought maybe someone knows?
  9. B

Light suggestions?

Thanks for your responses.. If I wanted to look at T-5's, are there similar fixtures like a sunpod or do you have to buy a ballast and try to get a way to hang it over the top?
  10. B

Light suggestions?

I am ready to buy the lights for my new reef tank.. It's a 30 gallon cube. I am looking at 20" fixtures... I am leaning towards a SunPod 14,000K HQI Metal Halide Light 150W.. I am hoping this tank will be for LPS, softies and zoos. I'm not thinking I would want clams/or SPS...
  11. B

Hi everyone...

thank you photobucket looks like a good way to go... Ok here's a picture of 2 year old aquapod.. a side view .... my clowns and close up of zoo's fun picture of dotty back.. he/she is alwys interested in what's going on Here's new tank been running 1 month...
  12. B

Hi everyone...

thank you all I posted some pictures in my gallery.. still trying to figure how to post pictures in email discussions I'l be asking some questions in the new to saltwater
  13. some tank pics old and new

some tank pics old and new

dotty back from aquapod
  14. some tank pics old and new

new sump
  15. some tank pics old and new