Recent content by bobalob5

1. B

Ea1000

Hence the post, I have a silver 250
  2. B

Ea1000

Yes £1500 UK for the complete set up, the lights consist of 4 banks of 15 led's with sunrise/sunset dimming, blue nightlights, moon phasing for coral breeding all contollable. No fans as all done with heat sink. can be suspended above tank or on legs on ends of tank...
  3. B

Ea1000

lights info http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/eaLED_Lights_Ocean.html Bob
  4. B

Ea1000

I am interested in this new tank from Evolution Aqua although its only 225 litre it looks realy good, especially the lighting. My red sea max could soon be up for sale. http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/eaMarine_1000.html Please let me know what you think? Bob
  5. B

Alien Worm?

Looked in the bucket this morning to find a bristleworm around 5" long has left the rock and is still alive.
  6. B

Alien Worm?

I think that one is a bobbit worm? its not one of them, still not out of rock. If its not out by sunday I will take a hammer and chissel to the rock as the beastie will be taking a cold swim around the U-bend anyway but I want a photo of it 1st.
  7. B

Alien Worm?

Closest description yet my friend but grey in colour.
  8. B

Alien Worm?

Last night my mate Andy came round and we removed all rock and coral and sifted the sand. found only a small bristle worm (about 1") in the sand. We found the monster in a large piece of live rock but could not get to it. The rock is now in a salt bucket without water, I am hoping it comes out...
  9. B

Red Sea Max 250 Chiller+UV installation

Teco make a chiller with built in UV system. I am running a TECO chiller but not with the UV, seems quiet and efficiant. TECO Seachill Chillers Bob
  10. B

Alien Worm?

About 6 monhts ago I saw a whitish grey worm of about 1" long in the sand of my RSM 250 but when I tried to catch it it disapeered under a large piece of live rock. I tried to identify it with books and internet sites and the closest I came to finding was it was possibly a type of bristleworm...
  11. B

Update on my 250

Following a short circut in the lid of my 250 a few weeks ago causing one bulb to fail and also my water-cooling fans at the back of the tank to fail (which I did not spot straight away) my 250 got up to around 33 degrees temp and in my absence lost a couple of fish and four shrimps and several...
  12. B

Someone got lucky

This one was up and running in Milton Keynes with rock, coral and stock. Bob
  13. B

Someone got lucky

Red Sea max S-400 sold on ebay this morning for £1254.00 inc £700 of live rock, corals & fish. WOW! 300766788368 Bob
  14. B

HELP electrics in 250 lid

Thanks e-mail sent. Bob
  15. B

HELP electrics in 250 lid

Hi all, seeking some help. After emptying and cleaning my skimmer the other night I must of put it back incorectly or adjusted flow wrong as it filled with water and caused an electrical spark in the hood of my 250max as a result one bulb failed and the fans stopped working. I have replaced...