Recent content by bob600

1. B

yellow eyed tang for 130d

Thanks, seems like a good reason to upgrade!!
  2. B

yellow eyed tang for 130d

i have a 130d with corals and 2 clarki clowns. Do you think a yellow eyed tang would be ok or is the tank too small?
  3. B

how know when to change filter? what buy?

I have a 130D and apart from a bit of floss on top of the media chamber, thats it. I have 11 lbs of rock, 2 clowns, mushrooms, leather and a duncan and torch coral and all parameters seem ok. Do you need carbon ect on a regular basis? be interested in your thoughts. Bob
  4. B

noisy light fans

Hi All, When i turn my lights on my 130d, there is a noise comming from my Fans in the hood.It is a whirring noise which hgoes after about 1 min. Is this normal or is this a sigh of future problems? Thanks
  5. B

so fed up with this blasted algea

Thanks, not quite as bad as yours but then i clear mine every day. I have put new lights in and maybe this has been not good.I will down the hours of light but maybe 2months is not enough to say the tank is stable and should expect this sort of problem with a young tank?
  6. B

air trapped in circulation pump

I had the same prob but just tweaked mine a little so they were not touching and it was better. Not silent but better. Bob
  7. B

so fed up with this blasted algea

I have a red sea 130d.All parameters seem fine with phosphate at 0. My problem is this stringy type of algea which appears every day from the rocks and now getting on my corals. Gone through brown and green hair stuff but this is rotten. I clear it manually then next day its back next morning...
  8. B

overflow box

Hi All, can you say whether the overflow/skimming box on the 130d is nessasary? If my level drops without me noticing, then i get the micro bubble explosion! Do i need this or can i chuck the thing? oh, and my pulsing xenia suddenly died , nothing else affected. is this nornal? Thanks, Bob
  9. B

what can i put with my clarkii?

Hi All, i have a red sea 130d with 2 clarkii clowns. Question is what can i put in the tank as peacefull friends! I think 2 more fish max for my tank, i have corals and live rock with obviosly the cuc. Any thoughts? Bob
  10. B

help on algea

thanks for that, am going to see if i can do it! Bit of a luddite still!!
  11. B

help on algea

I would post a pick but not sure how? The insert image box wants a URL, what is that? not as easy as ultimate reef upload!
  12. B

help on algea

Hi All, my red sea 130d is 6 weeks old , gone through bronn and hair algea and water parameters seem good. Problem is that i have an annoying wispy stringy algea It appears every day no matter what i do to remove it. Is this another stage or do i have to do something? Thanks, Bob
  13. B

red sea 130 media

Hi Guys, my red sea is 5 weeks old with 11K of live rock, 1 snail and 2 red leg (?) crabs. All i run is a bit of floss in the top of my media rack. Question is that as i start to stock, what other media do i need? Conflicting advice re carbon so what do you think? Thanks, Bob
  14. B

hot red sea

Hi All, My red sea 130D has been up for about 3 weeks now, just rock and couple of snails at the moment. Problem is that i cant seem to get the temp down below 26/27 c Is this too hot? I have no fan next to the pumps as this was 2nd hand. Would this help if i get one?Oris the temp ok at this...