Recent content by Bites

1. B

which Aquarays

Ya, the Aquarays are expensive. I was looking at them for a while but I came across the Ecoxotic Panorama LED Modules which are a lot cheaper. They don't use CREEs but they have 12 x 1w LEDs so you wont get a spotlight effect as the Aquarays do. They finally released a full actinic one, so I am...
  2. B

Bites RSM 130D

Hi Tammy, I was able to get rid of the both the colonial hydriods using Aiptasia-X just covered them and plucked the tubes out a day later. I used Aiptasia-X on the digitate hydriods and it has yet to surface. It was in a hole in my LR, I just covered it up with Aiptasia-X
  3. B

Bites RSM 130D

My new additions Frogspawn Textus Snail Little Bear Conch It's been a interesting weekend, bought 2 peppermint shrimps and one molted yesterday and the other one is pregnant, I will have free food soon but I got no fish in there yet. All my Aiptasia are gone! Saw this ugly looking...
  4. Little Bear Conch

Little Bear Conch

5. Textus Snail

Textus Snail

6. Frogspawn

Frogspawn

7. B

Bites RSM 130D

Thanks Terry I haven't had the best of luck when it comes to the equipment. The RSM was shipped with one plastic foot missing, my RO/DI booster pump leaked and my replacement was missing it's connectors.
  8. B

Bites RSM 130D

doh... all fixed now :laughroll
  9. B

Bites RSM 130D

Cycle is complete, got the usually diatom and green algae all over the sand and rocks. I think I got every bad hitchhiker possible aiptasia, colonial hydriods, digitate hydriods and I think it was a majano anemone. I got rid of most of them with Aiptasia-X, seem to do the trick. PH: 8.2...
  10. B

Heather's New RSM130

I am in the same situation as you. No indications of a cycle. I was using LR from a established tank but didnt really know how long it was out of the water. I took the safe approach and added the deli shrimp. I got the ammonia spike but no nitrites but I do have nitrates. BTW Welcome to RC!
  11. B

Bites RSM 130D

Thanks Tammy for the link. That's the pop I was looking for until I decide I want to do a full LED conversion :)
  12. B

Bites RSM 130D

Thanks Terry, At what level of ammonia is harmful to inhabitants? I have a bunch of snails and mushrooms that came on the LR. Also, my PH is on the low side, around 7.8. Do I need to be concerned about it or is that just from the cycle
  13. B

Bites RSM 130D

Thanks Glenn. Makes the water smell bad and cloudy. I was thinking of adding a Ecoxotic Panorama LED strip to supplement the existing lights. It comes with 12 actinic blue LEDs. Does anyone have any experience with these?
  14. B

Bites RSM 130D

So, I got the deli shrimp in and my ammonia started to spike. First day was at 0.5 and second day 1.0. How long should I leave the shrimp in? nitrites and nitrates are still 0. Using a API test kit. Thanks
  15. B

Bites RSM 130D

I was thinking that it is a feather duster but never seen a black one before. It retreats very quickly with any signs of light changes