Recent content by BigSurplusRon

1. BigSurplusRon

Is it a Crack??

Thanks for the replies everyone. Diana - is definitely on the outside of the tank and not on the inside. Is there anyway to fill it in to restore some of the strength?
  2. BigSurplusRon

Is it a Crack??

Managed to move our tank 150 miles a month ago and everyone survived fine - very happy how it all went. Just noticed last night when I was cleaning the tank that there was a mark on the outside of the tank. I thought I rubbed some of it off but I'm actually thinking now it is more of a...
  3. BigSurplusRon

On the move...

Thanks DaveK - I have a couple of them and hopefully they'll be ok through the journey. The move is about a month away so am going to take up 75 litres of water from the tank and will put that into a small tank in the new place with some live rock from my DT. Am looking to get some big...
  4. BigSurplusRon

On the move...

So I find myself in the fantastic position of having to move my tank - my own fault really for setting it up in a rental property!! Anyway, think I have all of the basics covered but my two newest members have me a bit stumped. I have a harlequin tusk and a parrot fish, both about 4 - 5...
  5. BigSurplusRon

A new guy here!

Hi Jony, welcome to RS. Lots of friendly people here to answer questions.
  6. BigSurplusRon

Aiptasia: taking care of business

Oh yes.... and as he had reduced in size I was able to look into the cave where the foot is and found that some of the peppermint shrimp have survived!!! Counted two so far but will keep on checking.
  7. BigSurplusRon

Well some more progress on this.... decided it was time to take action and got some freshly squeezed lemon into a syringe (without needle) and squirted 5ml of it into the mouth of the anemone. He did not like this. Immediately he turned black and shrunk to about an inch and was all twisted...
  8. BigSurplusRon

Time for an update... so I ordered 6 peppermint shrimp online and they arrived yesterday (well 5 to be exact as one was DOA). I am not sure how big they are suppose to be as they are quite small, but my Harlequin Tusk made very short work of 4 of them and the loner is just hanging out in a...
  9. BigSurplusRon

best equipment

While I love my Apex... I would have to say my best piece of equipment is my Eheim Power Cleaner. Is genius!!! Makes cleaning the display tank a very quick job - cant rate it high enough.
  10. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

Some more rock.... With the tank being so tall I felt it just looked a bit strange being so low. And I do love watching the rock change - really is amazing.
  11. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

View from the side - this view is important as if you are sitting on the far side of the couch it is pretty much the main view. Just how I wanted it!! Is in the lounge and I find that I still watch the tank more than the TV. It does of course help that the tank is bigger than the TV!!
  12. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

Krusty the Clown fish goes into his new home.
  13. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

Sand and water in - just call me a master plumber!!! <touching wood>
  14. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

Also had done some research and decided to get a Deltec SC1455 skimmer and a Deltec FR509 reactor. And as luck would have it, Santa brought me a Apex controller which I now have the lunar module and the auto feeder.
  15. BigSurplusRon

All was not Cleair

Moved in and put some of the rock in from the old tank and some new pieces.