Recent content by big t

1. B

Your advice on building a dream coral farm

Well that is the whole point of the overflow. The water overflows thru the teeth. When you turn off the pump it drops down to the bottom of the teeth and stops overflowing. Then the rest of the water just sits in the tank.
  2. B

Jason's Cherry Pickin'

That is by far and away the most unusual and beautiful squamosa I have ever seen. Can you imagine how bad a$$ that thing will be when it is a 20" monster in a couple years?
  3. B

Ahh the old where do I get plastic question. You need to bust out the yella pages and look under plastic. There should be a supplier of some sort in your area that can order or provide you with cell cast acrylic of some sort. They will also probably sell you some 'rems' for cheap to...
  4. B

TY for the compliment. Yes I built the tank myself. Is building w/ acrylic tricky? You bet. It takes practice and precision. It also takes a decent table saw, with a good blade. I have found that a $30 40tooth combo freud blade from homedepot does a pretty good job w/ no chips. A jointer...
  5. B

Here is my frag system. It is 73x29.5x10H and currently lit by 2x250w radiums. I have a ampmaster 3600 closed loop pump on it and it is full of sps, some lps lots of zoo's and a couple rics. I connected it to my exhisting system which is on the opposite wall in my basement. So far I have...
  6. B

Got Millepora?

Those are very nice, but that last one is like smack you right in the face incredible!
  7. B

Smoking PC bulb..

That is great! Nothing quite as good as good customer service!!!
  8. B

Smoking PC bulb..

Good job on getting your endcap changed! I would try to straighten out the pins a little w/ some pliars. That is what we do w/ airplane cannon plugs ;) Mike, it does look pretty sickningly clean huh? You should see it now.
  9. B

which regulator?

I have the genx tommy, It is the easiest to deal w/ regulator that I have ever had. The line pressure is non adjustable, but it has a big fat knob to adjust the needle valve and it is real easy to adjust. I also have to deal w/a miluakee on a regular basis, and I hate it. That reeferfanatic...
  10. B

which regulator?

Tommy I am sure your reactor will come out fine, I am using a genx and it is leaps and bounds better then the 2 miluakee's that I have used in the past.
  11. B

New 90g setup, image intensive!

Thanks very much to all for the kind words :D
  12. B

Tommy, I made the tank and sump from scraps that I pulled out of a recycling bin at my local aquarium company. The front and top are 3/8" the sides and back are 1/2" and the bottom is 1/4". I did have to buy the bottom for the frag tank. The sump is all 1/2" except for the bottom is 1/4" Not...
  13. B

the "dream tank" idea

There is a very good LFS in Birmingham that I used to drive 3 hours to go see when I used to live out there. I don't remember the name of the place, but it is the one to check out. It should be in the phone book
  14. B

tank update Well here are some tank shots I just took, hope you like them.