Recent content by berny

1. B

Resurecting dead live rock .. Hmmmmm

Thanks BigAL, i will take it there tomorrow and see wot he says. I spent a small fortune there in the past so fingers crossed. Even if i could leave it in his live rock tank for a few months would be good. Berny
  2. B

thanks for your reply. any ideas how long that would take. I suppose i could be really brash and take it to my local marine shop and see if he would give it a home and give me 12 kilos of cured live rock? Berny
  3. B

Hi guys sorry if this is in the wrong section but i suppose live rock is coral but dead. I have about 12 kilos of live rock thats been sitting in a carrier bag in my garage for about a year. My brother in law is struggling to get the funds bless him to start his marine tank with the live...
  4. B

TMC Vecton UV Sterilizer

Is it worth bothering fitting a uv to the 250 sea max? Has anyone tried it and does it make the water crystal? Not sure where it would go, i suppose off one of the two pumps in the rear chambers maybe. But the above make with the 300 litre version isnt enough for the flow rate for either power...
  5. B

Stressed Coral

Thankyou for that I will just sit tight. Canvey:time:
  6. B

Stressed Coral

Hi guys Ive got a soft coral, cant think what its called now. It has a purple base and when HAPPY looks like green grass. I knocked it 3 days ago when I was removing 2 clowns from the tank at that was it. All levels fine and other corals more than happy. It just has the purple base and no...
  7. B

Adjusting the skimmer on new RSM 250

Thanks R2D2, i did check the levels constantly through the cycle and they did seem to peak then drop off, i currently have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite with 5ppm nitrate, the brown algae has ofcourse appeared but i would have thought the skimmer should be skimming by now.
  8. B

Adjusting the skimmer on new RSM 250

Hi guys Had my RSM for just over 2 weeks now, live rock added with 2 clowns and 2 soft corals. I seem to be having a problem with the skimmer adjustment. Firstly the filtration chamber adjustment i have try to set to the optimul water level as stated in the RSM manual. I assume hearing the...
  9. RSM 250 Help with skimmer needed

RSM 250 Help with skimmer needed

New RSM 250, cant get to skim properly
  10. RSM 250 Help with skimmer needed

11. RSM 250 Help with skimmer needed

12. RSM 250 Help with skimmer needed

13. B

Hi guys, Newbie from Kent UK

Hi guys, looking forward to talking and getting some help and ideas for my RSM 250 which ive had for 2 weeks or so. Berny