Recent content by Benter

1. B

Overflow help?

Thank you for all of your help…. I am surprised that the open tee isn’t near as loud as I thought it would be. I think I am going to continue to experiment a little. I have looked into all of the ones you mentioned, I think I want a modified Durco with a cross instead of a tee maybe, 4 inlets...
  2. B

Overflow help?

Ty for your help....I have since completely removed the drain in the overflow box and just put a tee in it and left both tops open...she id flowing full stream now....I just need to figure out what to do to keep the flow rate the same but quite it just a little. I think I am going to put a cross...
  3. B

Overflow help?

Already have 2 1 1/4” drains…. See the plumbing ? They kept up great for 2 days with the pump wide open, I have a valve in the discharge line but it has to be nearly completely closed?
  4. B

Overflow help?

Hello all, been doing fish for a long time, but finally got my first “big” tank 72”x30”x18” with an overflow in the middle… I am having issues with my homemade overflow drains…. Check out my pics and let me know what may be wrong….. the drain will not keep up with the pump, the first 8 hours it...