Recent content by amxfoch

1. A

still no signs of nitrite or nitrate?

I have a eshopps skimmer running in a sump nothing special, probably switch to ro water later not yet. so I guess its safe to add a fish?
  2. A

yes. I used tap water as its pretty clean here and then I add prime.! is this the problem?
  3. A

yes, I forgot to add, the live rock have been in the tank for about 2 months, and the deli shrimp I added already decayed, and I still see no nitrite and nitrate, just steady 0.25ppm ammonia. Probably just add some clownfish? the tank is 65 gallons
  4. A

I made a thread earlier about this, as my tank is now 2 months old. still no signs of nitrate or nitrite just stable ammonia at 0.25ppm everyday. switched test kits twice still same results. the 2 turbo snails and hermit crab are doing fine. not sure if the live rock i have is cured or not...
  5. A

Crab with black and white tipped claw???

I put the piece of rock he was in into a bucket with a shrimp in a cup, its been 2 days, not sure if hes dead or just playing hide and seek. LOL definitely not a hermit crab as I have one in my tank atm.
  6. A

Crab with black and white tipped claw???

I have this black crab with whited tipped claw, I only seen his claw since that is all he shows. He constantly crabs at coralline algae, and ate a few pieces of the shrimp I put in for the cycle. he hasn't bugged the snails or hermit crabs I put in there. Also how would I remove him if I needed...
  7. A

cycle not happening ??? 4 weeks

hmm, the hermit crabs and turbo snails not touching it at all, I do think that a hitchhiker crab took around 1 bite of it, as on the last day a small chunk dissapeared instantly. do you think I could start adding fish?
  8. A

yeah i have brown algae for 3 weeks. it died off alot at week 4 .no green algae
  9. A

I'm not sure if the rock was cured or not it was 11$/pound premium fiji rock I think. I used 10 pounds of live rock, and 20 pounds of marco rocks, there was plenty of die off, as I shaked the rock lots of things came out of it dead sponges dead worms etc. The test kit ammonia seems to be fine I...
  10. A

right, my tank is 65 gallons with 20 gallon sump half full
  11. A

I dropped my shrimp in 4 weeks ago, and I added 2 turbo snails and a hermit crab 2 weeks ago. it is now week 4 1/2 the shrimp has completely dissolved but I still have no nitrates or nitrites, and ammonia has been 0.25 all the time from when i dropped the shrimp till now. the tests arn't expired...
  12. A

is this a isopod?

I found around 10 of these extremely TINY bullet shaped things crawling on the glass, they do not have big black eyes and don't seem to be bothering snails or hermit crabs, anyone got an idea of what it is??? Sorry I can't take pictures as they are too small!
  13. A

Can I get an ID? and aiptasia problem

Thanks guys its a barnacle it does withdraw but not very often
  14. A

Question about my Green Spotted Puffer....

I think he is constipated, is his stomach slightly bloated?
  15. A

Can I get an ID? and aiptasia problem

You can see on the dead coral tentacles with rainbow like colors I've had this guy in the tank for 3 weeks and he hasn't died yet,hehe. It generally stays still but sometimes grabs food I think? I've also had a 2 small aiptasias I dripped boiling water on them then I burned the aiptasia with a...