Recent content by Alice

1. Alice

Raise your hand please. Angels

Hey Jenn! Nice to see another "card carrying member" here! :D I had a Cherub/Pygamy Angel (C. argi) in my tank for several years, she was a well behaved little lady and never bothered a thing.
  2. Alice

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Reefer Die Hards

Happy New Year, RS! May 2004 be a great year for you and yours! :)
  3. Alice

What's the funniest thing you've seen in your tank?

In my nano set-up at my old job I had a very small perc who had fell in love with a large Hawaiin feather duster. He'd wallow in the duster by the hour, sometimes barely moving; I heard "Your fish is dead!" more than once. The fish didn't seem to bother the duster much but once in a while the...
  4. Alice

Ich Not getting better

Web2000, I'm glad to hear that you seem to be getting a handle on the ich. Sorry about your three fish but it could have been worse :( If it were me, I wouldn't add anything new to the tank for a month and I'd QT anything that was going in the tank for at least two weeks. Better safe...
  5. Alice

Well I AM Still ALive

Johnny; I hope they spring you soon! Get better ASAP and tell Pat to take care of herself, too! Alice
  6. Alice

Merry Christmas to All!!!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
  7. Alice

Just joined up

Welcome! Lots of friendly people here :)
  8. Alice

white hairy crab?

Sump 'im or dump 'im. Darn crabs!
  9. Alice

Keiko the killer whale, star of 'Free Willy' movies, dies in Norway

That is sad. We visited the Oregon Coast Aquarium twice while Keiko was there. When he swam by the windows in the viewing room you realized what an amazing animal he was. Sigh.
  10. Alice

2004 Reef Calendar

"Mrs. Claus" already bought one for my stocking ;) It was a lot of fun putting this calendar together; maybe we can do one on Reef Sanctuary next year :)
  11. Alice

2004 Reef Calendar

The Reef Tank has put together a monthly calendar to hang on your wall featuring great tank shots from its members, including a fantastic clown/brain shot from Gumhead :) You can find out more about it here: Reefing Calendar Alice
  12. Alice

Ich Outbreak

Wow! Good job on providing links you guys! :) :) I just wanted to follow up on the malachite green thing...I knew I had notes on that somewhere. Here's an excerpt from an email with my favorite marine biologist: >snip> Copper has not effect on either of the cysted stages because the...
  13. Alice

Did "Finding Nemo" change your perception...

My kids all love the movie, even my 13 year old son who is starting to get to the "That's kid stuff, Mom" stage. They've never voiced any negative opinions other than observing that flushing a fish won't get it to the ocean ;) Though they've all spent afternoons helping out at an LFS where I...
  14. Alice

What am I? Please help ID...

Well, it looks like Montipora verrucosa but I'm not much of an expert on SPS, lol. If it looks velvety or like it has peach fuzz, it's most likely a Montipora of some sp. or other.