Recent content by ACRONUTS

1. ACRONUTS

The Rebirth/Rebuild of my 180g sps thread

Update 5-4-2015 Things are going super well in the tank. My parameters are staying really stable. The doser works really really well! I am so far dosing 30ml a day of ALK to maintain a level of 8.4 - Red Sea test kit Mag doses 35ml 3 days a week to maintain a level of 1400 - Red Sea test kit...
  2. ACRONUTS

180 gallon reef tank update 3-28-15

Oxylebius lets hope it does. I know I am not providing the fish with what in nature it has. But I'm sure the burying is a mechanism used to protect itself against predators. Since there are none in my display tank then it must have acclimated itself without stress after i took container out.
  3. ACRONUTS

Thanks Pat surrealism it took about 4 months to have nothing left in tupperware container. lol as u said most ends up on tank bottom outside container.
  4. ACRONUTS

Thanks! I can only imagine too! Very excited about my tanks potential. yes that is a melanaris wrasse! When I bought it, the LFS said you will need to have a sand bed for this guy, but since you don't go ahead and setup a container with live sand and he will find it and bury himself nightly...
  5. ACRONUTS

Hey all! This is my most recent update video shot with an iPhone 6+ using an old polarized lenses from sunglasses I can't wear anymore. Unfortunately my MH's tend to wash out colors towards the top of tank. for more specific details on my tank setup, etc follow my build out "saga" lol at...
  6. ACRONUTS

surrealism thanks! I agree I can see the tank in 1 to 2 years and my coral garden will be very special!
  7. ACRONUTS

More additions: ORA Cali Tort - RR creamsicle - P rainbow ORA's Birdsnest
  8. ACRONUTS

Here are some more pickups from Michael: RR cornbread ice Dragon RR cornbread creamsicle ORA's Pearlberry Palmer's blue milli One of my absolute favs ORA's Hawkins
  9. ACRONUTS

Update on my 180 gallon: Purchased a probe to replace an aging one which kept telling me my PH was 11.46! Once calibrated I am now looking at a PH of 7.96. Low to where it needs to be but at least I know I can slowly add a little kalk to boost it up into the normal range of 8.1 to 8.3. Since I...
  10. ACRONUTS

Aussie lobo Shades of fall acro Couple of shots of the tank:
  11. ACRONUTS

Tank up date.......... Things are going somewhat well. On one hand I am getting growth some of the acro's and monti's are a little pale in color. Testing has shown constantly that my phosphates and nitrates have been at ultimate lows. Mind you that this may not be a problem to some in some tanks...
  12. ACRONUTS

Well with all the new stuff I have realized that I need to add another piece of technology to the tank. I decided to go with a doser. After plenty of research and going back and forth I decided on a Kamoer unit. What sold me on this unit is reliability and the auto dose feature plus the fact...
  13. ACRONUTS

Thx psu4me! As far as the LFS said to me that it is not a pink lemonade but looks like it. They said it was a strawberry shortcake. I have never seen a strawberry shortcake with green to it but it is a beauty and can't wait to see how it develops and grows in my tank.
  14. ACRONUTS

I had a busy schedule with work but was bummed because I would not be able to attend any of the frag swaps and shows that were happening. However I did decide I had one thing on my side and that was the internet. A couple of LFS's had these massive one day sales and yep I took advantage and sat...