Recent content by acer

1. A

Looking for an overflow?

CAN YOU BUILD A LEXAN INTERNAL OVERFLOW FOR ME? Dimensions= 7" high (top to bottom) X 6 inches wide ( left to right) X 4 inch deep (front to back). Price, time , etc. send to backsoft@comcast.net = I am not on this website very often. Thanks
  2. A

Looking for an overflow?

Looking to build or buy a internal overflow for a 37 cube glass tank. It has a hole drilled in the center back panel about 6 inches down from the top. I have been told that if I build/buy and acrylic internal overflow box, I will have difficulty sealing it to the glass. True or not, suggestions...
  3. A

SCWD or "squid" help

Yes they did just make the larger SQWD available - got a Email saying I coudl now buy it. Waiting to hear what others think about it before I buy it. I have used the original for several years on two tanks with good results- the flow is definetly reduced with the sqwd. BUt, compared to other...
  4. A

Domino woes.

i used a fish trap - for a domino and another damsel as well.
  5. A

when should I replace lights?

I replace my aquasun VHO's every 9 months - but have left the Actinics on for up to 16 months thinking they would not shift as much. Lessons learned- I guess I will be buying some more VHO bulbs. Anybody have any suggestions were I can get them- 46.5 inch is what I use. My local stores sell them...
  6. A

power heads in the fuge

With the skimmer in there I have alot of flow in my sump already. Occasionally adding a UV filter and phosban reactor gives it even more. SO, additional flow is unnecessary in my setup.
  7. A

Overflow needed

Hi- I just took down a tank that was using a CPR overflow with a lift pump for resarting if the power goes out, etc. I got it about a year ago and it worked great. I replaced setup with a new tank that had an internal overflow or I would have reused this overflow. Still has coralin algae all...
  8. A

do i need to target feed my coral banded shrimp?

My coral banded is going to get moved- caught him munching on a purple gorgonian - bend it over and feeding on the top tip like it was a carrot.
  9. A

~Testing~

I hadn' t tested my Ph in awhile as it had been sooo good for months- Tested yesterday with the same red sea kit and it was 8.6 yikes!!! bought a new kit ( salifert) today and will test tomarrow- hopefully it is the kit. If not the kit - It explains why some of the corals look " off" . Have read...
  10. A

Digital Aquarium Thermometer w/probe

Received my three today- put two to work right away- thanks for the quick service and accurate description. Good product.
  11. A

Water change method?

HAve a spicket on the return from the refugium that I can drain water out from- 5 gallons at a time. Then use another 5 gallon bucket with small pump and hose to slowly ( 5 minutes) put new water in. Takes about 15 minutes to do 10 gallon water change. I try ( oops) to do this about one time per...
  12. A

How many people have refugiums?

use a 29 gallon with NO lights below the 90 display. Have rock, skimmer, phosban reactor, and cheto in it. I think it does help the overal health of tank. I woudl have too much bioload in the display without it.
  13. A

What is your Specific Gravity

Temp=80, 1.026 using refractometer
  14. A

Digital Aquarium Thermometer w/probe

Will paypal for three.
  15. A

Hey there.....

New to this website. Have a 90 mixed reef with 440 watt VHO lights, 29 galllon refugium/sump and a quiet one 6000 return pump. Using Three mini-jets 600 on a wave timer and a seio 820 for in tank flow. Have a CPR sr4 skimmer with a modified oceanrunner 2700 feed pump. Fairly large bioload so...