Recent content by 64Ivy

1. 64Ivy

To Whom It May Concern...

First of all, let me say that reports of my leaving the hobby have been greatly exaggerated. Secondly, I appreciate all of the pms and emails expressing concern as to my whereabouts (at least, postwise anyway). So for those who haven't heard, my tank suffered a major crash last spring...
  2. 64Ivy

Macna Xix 2007

:bluenod:
  3. 64Ivy

TDS Levels

Then heck, I gotta get myself about a hundred thousand empty 20oz bottles as my raw tap (well)water is only 211. Btw, I change my cartridges at 3ppm; had noticible algae spikes at 6pmm.
  4. 64Ivy

CBB vs Peppermint Shrimp??

I couldn't use Peppermints because I have Hawkfish who would've gulped them down like they were in some kind of Skittles commercial. So I had to go the Copperband route. But first, I made sure of two things: The first was that I was getting an Australian Copperband so I could eliminate any...
  5. 64Ivy

You Can All Stop Yelling At Me Now!!!

They are Ribbon Worms, more specifically Notospermus geniculatus, according to Fossa and Nilsen in their Modern Coral Reef Aquarium series, vol 3, pp: 92-3. They occur in Eastern Africa to The Maldives to The Great Barrier Reef. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of infromation about them...
  6. 64Ivy

The larger deeper purple one is one of ORAs 'Torts'. The smaller reddish purple one is a Tyree Purple Monstor (sic) I recieved a couple years ago.
  7. 64Ivy

My website has finally been updated. http://www.moyesreef.com Check out the slideshow of my visit to Atlantis Marine World in Long Island, New York. The 'soundtrack' was brought to you by my webguy. My apologies in advance. Thanks.
  8. 64Ivy

Ozone

I've been using Ozone for about 6 months now; only a 100mg unit on a 650g system because I'm basically a coward about things like this. I have the unit injecting the ozone through a tee in my skimmer and I have it running wide open, 24/7. Unfortunately, I don't have any tricks for you but as...
  9. 64Ivy

Copperband question

I have a Mueller's Copperband that completely eliminated a moderate Aiptasia infestation in my 500g reeftank in less than three days. As I recall, it did hit the smaller ones first then worked its way up. By the time it reached the largest aips, it just picked and picked until it dismantled...
  10. 64Ivy

New Years Tank Resolutions

I resolve to spend much more time enjoying my tank and much LESS time fiddling around in it. Okay, maybe I'll add another pair of Tunzes but that's all. And some fish.
  11. 64Ivy

Tell Us Your Biggest Mistake

1. Adding a few mushrooms to the tank several years ago. 2. Getting caught up in the Great Crystal Sea Bioassay Salt Migration. That took two full years to completely recover from.
  12. 64Ivy

Happy Birthday 64Ivy!

Thanks everyone ('Better late than never, I guess'). Yes, I am still in SoCal. Just took my daughter to Sea World in San Diego for a couple days. Am I wrong or is SD the prettiest city in America...and yes, meant the parts OUTSIDE of Sea World too! I've already gone shopping also but since...
  13. 64Ivy

64Ivy's Major Sump & Skimmer Swap (Huge Post. Lots of Pics. Dial-Up Death.)

Sorry for such a late reply. I've been traveling across the country and am now in Los Angeles for a few weeks. To answer your question though, just live rock and cheato.
  14. 64Ivy

Putting it in place though was another story. Again, we had measured it correctly, but neglected to work out how the human being who'd have to lower the back right side would either fit in, or get out. It was eventually suggested that he would simply have to sacrifice his life for...
  15. 64Ivy

Morning of the swap. First, there was the small matter of disconnecting everything, cleaning out the workroom, and removing the old sump. This took two of us about 2 1/2 hours. Of course, we had to store the stuff SOMEWHERE so what better place than the screened-in porch my...