My $3 Betta~

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
It all started a few weeks ago with a $3 left over store credit.....

A quick glance around found a beautiful red betta....perfect! Or not?... 10 minutes later I was on my way home with my inexpensive friend next to me. No worries since I already had a bowl and gravel waiting at home in my corner of the garage. With my freezer full of flake, pellet and mush, I was sure to have something he liked.

I get him home and set up his new house. Awww... how cute! He looks so happy!
Miscellaneouspics006.jpg

Fast forward to three days later...
I'm at a lfs looking for decholorinator and betta food because mine spits out everything I tried to feed him. He looks so happy! Very active and I think he likes me...

Fast forward again to one week later...
I took the gravel out of the bowl and it is now bare-bottom. MUCH easier to keep clean! The daily water changes I have to do on the small bowl aren't too bad and he only spits out the food occassionally...yay. I think he is starting to look a little bored...
Miscellaneouspics005.jpg

Fast forward again one week later (after researching many hours online about bettas and how to care for them) ...
Today... Here I am after two trips to fish stores hunting for the perfect betta home. I just set up my betta's new home. A spacious TOM 3 gallon Pico tank. The filter has a dial for adjusting the water flow to a very slow rate.. perfect for him!

Ahhhhh... I feel better and I am certain he does too!
20071215010.jpg

(Subconcious speaks:: An 18 watt PC light would be enough to keep softies in...nice flow with the filter too!)
20071215011.jpg

My betta :)
20071215006.jpg

If I had only known that my $3 betta would have cost me so much... LOL!! :D

zimboy

you could probably toss some real plants in that tank. Some long grasses along the back and one of the smaller swords for foreground cover. That would be the ultimate betta tank... I agree with booze tho, definately a betta mansion.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
so thats where you been hiding, corrupted by the dark side! our house is FULL of awe its so cute! then reality and the shopping list drops in next thing ya know retirement is another year extension lol. beautiful set up Woody! whats next?

CATALYST

That looks like one I had. My daughter named him June. I like those. The one I had lasted 3 yrs. We got it free. It was a wedding center piece.

boozeman

can almost hear that betta singing the Jefersons theme song... '' we're movin on up to a deluxe apartment....''

vdituri

"... in the sky!..." :invisible

Try the floating kind of food. Comes with a tiny tube dispenser built into the package.
Cut the flow, drop 2 or 3 in and let him come to the top to eat.
Then you can add 1 at a time and when he stops eating them take the last one out.
Cuts WAY down on the water changes.
Just my 2 cents worth. Now I'm broke. lol

PEMfish

Wow. Watch, the cat will eat it after all this. Try some plants, java fern, green mondo, and bacopa would do good, just as along as ya keep up with trimming em.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
I think he is starting to look a little bored...
Miscellaneouspics005.jpg

I think he needs a harem of females to cure that problem... or give him a glimpse of himself in a mirror from time to time... that'll get his attention!

Woody... when you start your Betta breedery, I'll be interested in a few... :lol:

althea2you

awww! so handsome!! i had one for the longest time... he had so much personality!!!! here is a pic of him.. he was a camera ham.. this is his backside

_mg_3658sized.jpg

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I removed the artifical plant and added three different types of real plants. A "sword plant", a "red rose something" and a "baby something". That's the best I can do :)

20071224liveplantsadded.jpg

PEMfish

Yeah, I like it. Hey, it keeps, You won't have to keep buying it. I'd go for it. I'd give you some but shipping is more that the bottle.