yankieman's 210 gal conversion

yankieman

well sent the overlow back today still waiting on the replacement to get here , , took down the aqua medic oceans 750 watt light from over the old 55gal tank the light hasnt been used in 2 years and both the 10000k bulbs are out it has 2-250 watt 10000 k lights and one 150watt 20000 acentic in it but its only 48" long I will try and add it over the big tank and then see about getting a pendent or something also, but after i cleaned it all up and checked it out I found it had one endcap burnt up so I have to replace that now too , seems there is always something , I also have to order 3 new bulbs which as you know arnt cheep but the light is awsome once its working good ,, ,, I dont know if anyone is following this thread but if you out there please say hi LOL need to know im talking to someone !!!:hallo:

yankieman

as promised some pics,, of the aqua medic light and the sump stand ,, you will see the burnt out bulbs , I decided to stay with the 20000 blue accentic light cause it never got near as much use and still looks good and i could afford 2 but not 3 lol ,,, the cooler you see sitting on the stand with the box on it has my air pump sitting on it ,, it is piped through the wall and runs my fish room I have around 15 fresh water tanks tanks going and it also runs outside to my pond by the house,, i have now put it on a little shelf and got rid of the cooler and box ,,,,, also started cleaning the 55 gal thats going to be the sump and a 20 gal im going to use for a secondary refudgium,,,, havnt heard anything on the overflow yet ,, so still waiting on that before i can mess with the big tank...

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 260

yankieman

the sump tank is all cleaned up and ready to go on the stand,,, well got to add baffles and drill some holes in it yet,,,,, heard from Marc at melevs reef he will be shipping the overflow tomarow and goin to be getting the endcap for the light fixture tomarow and the light bulbs on thursday , so i need to go get some silicone to put in the baffles for the sump this week,, going to have to think about ordering some bulkhead fittings sometime too so slowly things are moving along , ,,, been looking at skimmers on line , that red sea C-skim 1800 looks good for the price any opinoins on that particular skimmer? need some input here,,,,,

yankieman

well good i will try and make daily updates but some days there is just nothing to say LOL but it seems each day I do a little this is a slow build but even with that said i am gettin anxious to get it back up and running ,,,, been researching skimmers today and yesteday and i think i have come to think ill get the aqua maxx am250 with the sedra 9000 sounds like a good one and the right price range now waiting for permision from wife to order it LOL

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
There are probably a lot of us lurkers LOL! I just have a 34g nano tank, so there's not much advice I can give on a big tank build, but it's fun watching and learning things.

yankieman

id say im learing as i go i just hope it can look as good as some of the ones you see on here that some other people have when its done

yankieman

well didnt get to much done today but here is a few pics ,, the stand has a few things sitting on it like the chiller and the future fudge tank ,, and here is a pic of the 55 gal sump tank ,, it was drilled at top which im not sure ill use , i am going drill it down at the bottom for the pump , and there is just a camparison pic of the 55 and the 209 gal tanks , and i had to go to town and get some silicone for the baffles and some acrylic to make them out of , i had some glass to work with i was going to use the glass peices for baffles and i had one nice big one , now i have already tried to cut glass with my wet tile saw and it works ok but i didnt know if this particular peice i had was tempered or not so what the heck it was worth a try so i set up the saw and marked the glass and figured if it breaks oh well,,,,, wellllllll as soon as that blade touched that glass it didnt just break it went into a million peices all over the place I had gloves on and glasses good thing so needless to say i spent the next half hour cleaning up glass so i decided right there to go with acrylic LOL

yankieman

heres the pics

Attachments

• DSCF00010.JPG
    DSCF00010.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF00011.JPG
    DSCF00011.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF00012.JPG
    DSCF00012.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 141

yankieman

I also got my end cap for the metal halide light cant tell if it works yet till i get the new lights which is sposed to be thursday

Attachments

• DSCF00015.JPG
    DSCF00015.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCF00014.JPG
    DSCF00014.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 140

yankieman

and here is some "live" rock im trying to DIY at they dont look to bad but so far been 2 weeks and no sign of the PH coming down just want some for base rock to supplement the bill fold a bit lol we will see how that goes,,,,

Attachments

• DSCF00017.JPG
    DSCF00017.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF00016.JPG
    DSCF00016.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 140

Melev

nada.gif