yankieman's 210 gal conversion

yankieman

well after years of thinking about it im now taking the plunge!,,, my 210 gal acrylic tank built into the wall 15 years ago has been fresh water all these years now im converting it to a reef tank , it was orig a salt water tank that I bought to install in my wall when we first built onto our home and added our family room , I found it at a LFS sitting on the floor for sale with a 30 gal sump for $500, it has just one overflow in it in the corner which was fine for fresh water but as a salt water tank it needs 2 so with that said thats where im at now taking out the tank doing some small remodeling in the room ,and I have ordered an overflow from melevsreef.com , im going to try and add some pics once I figure out how,, the tank has been just used for my wintering of my pond plants the last 2 years so when I pulled the plants out it really made a mess so I hope the pic dosnt scare any one LOL so here we go !!!!

yankieman

hmmm is it working?

Attachments

• tank room.jpg
    tank room.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 632
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 615
  • empting tank.jpg
    empting tank.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 617
  • window for tank.jpg
    window for tank.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 616

yankieman

ok 3 more , the tank is on the floor but we have to get it carried to the garage which is ALOT of steps waiting for help to do it

Attachments

• tank room 2.jpg
    tank room 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 612
  • new floor.jpg
    new floor.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 614
  • tank on floor.jpg
    tank on floor.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 612

yankieman

well got to go paint some more shelves will be back on later this is going to be a slow build and i will need lots of help and adivce,,, look forward to everyons input

yankieman

ok shelves all painted the fishroom is off our kitchen so its a fishroom/closet thats the reason for the shelves, and im moving the sump to the garage which is right below the tank, our family room is over the garage, its a mess right now so i got lots of clean up to do ,,,the area below the tank is where the sump used to be ill just have pipes going through it an through the floor , unless i ad a closed look then there will be a pump under there ,,,,,

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 610
  • DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 605
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 601
  • DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 601

yankieman

thanks , that corner where all that junk is will be where i build the stand for the sump , I will be asking lots of questions

yankieman

ok got just a few things done today , the tank moved down to garage and a little bit of clean up where the sump stand is going to go , got to move everything in that corner including the cabinets,,,,

Attachments

• DSCF0007.JPG
    DSCF0007.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 585
  • DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 582

yankieman

well just spent the day working on cleaning garage to make room to build the sump, almost got the corner cleaned up should get that done tomarow after a run to the dump will post tomarow,

yankieman

well got the garage all changed around and cleaned and used power washer on the tank to clean it the corner where the sump is going is ready for me to build a stand so tomarow I go get some 2x4s ,, Marc Levenson of Melev's Reef shipped the new overflow today so I should get it mid next week to install then drill holes and paint the back ,, after that be able to put it back where it belongs so maybe by end of week next week I can get it back on its stand , heres hoping,,,,

Attachments

• DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 296
  • DSCF0008.JPG
    DSCF0008.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCF00011.JPG
    DSCF00011.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCF00010.JPG
    DSCF00010.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 289

yankieman

not to much going on with the tank this weekend ,, my wife wanted me to build a compose box this weekend instead , so we went to lowes and got the material for that and the 2x4s for the sump stand at same time ,,,,, spent all day sunday ,, well watched ballgame too , but got the compose box built so now i can get back to the tank work tomarow ,, the overflow box will be here on tues , and have new filters for the RO/DI coming tomarow and shut off pressure switch for the RO unit and pressure shut off for the booster pump coming also , so goodies tomarow ariving,,,,,,,

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 285

yankieman

well got a few things done today , the stand for the sump is started , and got some goodies for my RO/DI unit today , got a automatic shut off to shut off the water and an automatic shut off for the booster pump couple handy little gadgets plus new filters for it so im ready with that end as soon as I get ready for water,,,,

Attachments

• DSCF00015.JPG
    DSCF00015.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCF00014.JPG
    DSCF00014.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCF00013.JPG
    DSCF00013.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 283

yankieman

ok got the stand for the sump done today and recived the overflow today but the overflow was for the wrong corner so have to ship it back and get the correct one sent , that sets things back a week ,,,, oh well what can you do