WOW, look at my tank:D

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
What a fabulous setup Prow !
Love the rockwork and the placement of the corals/clams and that Mystery Wrasse is a beauty :thumbup:

Adam Black

Wow how did I miss this tank! Very nice. What's up with the overflows? Nice look. O and those sumps! You make them? Nice job:thumbup:

prow

thanks everyone, always good to hear good things. everything is doing great. better than i expected. i have yet to have any kind of algae bloom. nothing on the sand or glass. will have to get some pics this week. i started to move out some of the sps to make room for more clams:D and all my fish are now in and getting along perfectly, so stoked about that.

yeah grasspicker i love that, my clowns love there hammer. i still get excited everytime i pass by the tank.

This looks awesome!!!! I am new to the site and have had a 55g tank "cycling" since christmas. After browsing through this site realized I've done lots wrong to start it off. Decided to reconfigure and design my sump area and this thread has giving my some great ideas!!! Although i don't have nearly as much room as you, but would love to get as organized as you. would love to pick your brain a little so maybe I'll post some pics, If I can get the nerve to post them after seeing yours :~), for you to give me some pointers. Again, everything looks amazing!!!!

deaclauderdale

He says he'll be updating the thread shortly.... His acrylic work is real nice as I am a benefactor of two sumps.

Gary i forgot to ask what did you use to drill the sumps?

prow

ok ok, i have been real lazy about up dating. this weekend i will get some shoots and up dates on everything, i will, i promise:D at least one pic.........

vdituri

Shhh, don't scare him away. The one pic will be worth the wait, I guarantee it.

He's very skittish. Like a deer or a little bunny.
You have to coax him out. bit by bit.

That right little reefer. We only want one little picture.
C'mon. One little picture.
You can do it. We won't hurt you.
One little picture.

You gotta wait till he sticks his head out all the way.

Then
WHAM!

Where's the video homie?
Huh?
MORE PICTURES!
GO! GO! GO!
NOW DARN IT!!!!!!

prow

and here we have the hunting prowess of a clam..dont get too close or he will give you the smack down:eek:
He's very skittish. Like a deer or a little bunny.
You have to coax him out. bit by bit.

That right little reefer. We only want one little picture.
C'mon. One little picture.
You can do it. We won't hurt you.
One little picture.

You gotta wait till he sticks his head out all the way.

Then
WHAM!

Where's the video homie?
Huh?
MORE PICTURES!
GO! GO! GO!
NOW DARN IT!!!!!!

well its been so long i had to update my programs...i went to post some pics but got hit by the need to update to post any pics..looks like the updates loaded up so tonight after work, its update time:grind:

prow

ok, finally i have some pics:coffee2:

everything in the tank is going well. i removed some corals because i decided to go with a few big corals instead of a bunch of little guys. i am planning on moving the corals around some. i also have yet to get a back/black back. have no real algae, some but only a little. have not cleaned the back yet and still not much algae grows:D...only issue with that is if i get a tang later i will have to make sure i give it some greens...

i also just added another Ca+reactor, only use it as a second chamber. its a cheapy ViaAqua Acro-Cal Reactor i picked up from DRF for $60.00. i just hooked it up a couple days ago and the ph coming out of the "second chamber" effluent is 0.2 less then the reactors ph. i will not be able to post all my pic today so will update tank parameters and changes with ph in a couple day, yeah really a couple days or less. no really i mean it....

prow

these are not the best shots. i just opened the canopy and pointed and :fingerx: this is what i got:D sorry i left the MH lights on:columbo:

i will have to move the canopy next time, not so clear shots here, at least taking the pic at the angel i was...:ashamed:
DSC_1299.jpg

DSC_1300.jpg

DSC_1301.jpg

DSC_1303.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg