Worm ID

looks like a bristle worm to mee, i have a bunch of them in my tank, they are basicly like hermit crabs, but if its a fireworm then get rid of it, all of them asap, they will eat your corals and when they get big your fish aswell

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to point out that even though in the picture this looks similar to a Bristle Worm it is not! Read earlier in this thread to get the actual ID on it.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I found one in my tank today, about 3 inches of it stretched out of a LR hole and appearing to be munching on some red turf algae. It zapped back into it's hole when I approached. I did read up they do eat them in the south pacific, sort of like caviar, when they spawn in the fall. In Florida, they are primarily used as bait. I'm hoping it's not a bad guy to have in my tank cause I have no idea how I would catch him other than clear out everything.

Wholly, forgotten about this. This was definitely not a bristle worm. I get those swimming around after a water change and gravel vacuum, this thing looked evil...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
They are. There is bad habit in this hobby with the term bristle worm. Almost all worms in the tank are bristle worms. Feather duster are bristle worms.