who keeps gorgonians

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks. I purchased it from Aquatic Concepts here in town. The LFS credit (from xenia frags) was burning a hole in my pocket!! :D

Witfull

/me thinks,,,,are gorgs twigs that bend? i have a few so i guess i do do sticks and twigs,,lol

mps9506

Woodstock said:
Thanks. I purchased it from Aquatic Concepts here in town. The LFS credit (from xenia frags) was burning a hole in my pocket!! :D
Are they new? I hadn't heard of them before. Maybe take a peek at them when I drive up to see mom for the holidays.

CAT

I have a purple whip and a purple plume. Both are photosynthetic (brown polyps instead of white or another color) and easy to keep - they just need decent light and good flow. I really like the different textures they add to a tank.

mojoreef

Just a reefer
The blue gorg is sweet, I believe it is called a blue pacifica, got to luv that color. I also keep some gorgs, the red sea fan, caribean purple and a few others. No feeding beyond feeding the fish, sorry mac :rolleyes:

I have three of these ones they are all about 16 to 24 inches around. You can see the a prple fan in the back ground to

Attachments

• redfan.jpg
    redfan.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 31

Witfull

picked these beauts up today for a song,,,

192-new-gorgs-med.jpg

gorg 1
19gorg-1-med.jpg

gorg 2
19gorg-2-med.jpg

Maxx

Wow, these are gorgeous!!! I'm making a list of people to hit up for frags here REAL soon!
Nick

Witfull

sorry nick,,,i cant give you a frag, that would be considered influencing an officer,,and i know how much we LEO's get paid so buying one is out of the question too....LOL

Maxx

Great...thanks Wit.....
The Red Cross wont take anymore plasma, platelets, or blood for another 3 weeks....something about me needing that stuff to....I dunno....
Nick

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have wanted gorgonians for YEARS and I am just now getting the courage to try them. I say wait also... make sure you can keep other corals successfully first.

Yea, Ill just check out if they have any here and reserch them. Alot of my corals are doing well except when my pocillipora got RTN :flaming: My green stylo has recovered from when I accidently got alittle glue on it, and my monti cap seems to be scrolling more. My clam is also doing well, he had grown a calcium line about 5mm wide, its really exciting seeing him grow.