which coral

which coral is the hardiest

• Total voters

Gina

RS STAFF
Well, I could only vote for 1 so, I picked Mushrooms.
Although many of the Leathers are Hardy along with the Zoas.

Snelly40

shrooms are hardy, but im going zoo's. I had my bta decided to perch where i had a rock full of zoos and after about a month the bta moved and within two days all the zoos opened back up and they look great again. They can withstand a beating from both poor water quality and getting beat up like that

lcstorc

I say shrooms. They were the second thing I got and have lived and even thrived throughout all of my mistakes including insane nitrates. Plus you can get them in really cool colors. Zoas have always been a problem for me in my main tank but thrive in my seahorse tank. I think it is the lower flow, but have never been sure.

Chiefmcfuz

GSP, nuff said! (sorry I have rarely ever used that phrase and as I was lookin at a cover of a wolverine comic the moment hit me LOL)

BoomerD

Flowerpot coral, (goniopora) is one of the many that should not be harvested due to a horrible survival rate. SOME people manage to keep them alive for a while, most die within a couple of months. Carnation coral (dendrophylia) is another beauty that is doomed to die in our tanks...
That being said, IME, mushrooms can be almost impossible to kill once they're established in a tank, so my vote goes there...

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
id have to agree ...mushrooms for sure ~

someone i knew had a tank with corals and a yellow tang that had ich..he put copper in killed everything but the mushrooms...

oh yea the ich was still present too.....:doh:

prow

i went with leather, the ones i have had in the past are pretty much bullet proof. but mushrooms are too.

dragonladylea

I have to go with the GSP especially since I seem to be in the minoraty and can't keep mushrooms!! Everything else in my tank except Acro's and Mushrooms go figure!!

aqujoe247

I would say shrooms since they seem to be the only thing that made when I had an salinity shock when switching tanks. The starburst polyps i'm still hoping to to open back up