What's up Reef Sanctuary!!

DSP

What's up everyone my name is David I have lurked over this site quite a few times over the years and finally signed up! Idk what took so long lol, Anyway I'm 25 years young and a father of three(2 boys and one on the way!!) I live in Rogers Arkansas and work at World's under water in Fayetteville AR! Of course I love my job I get to do what I love and that's working with marine life, I plan to be a very active member here as I am on some other forums and I will have tons of pictures to come of my setups! Right now I'm in the process of starting a custom 36x24x18 Rimless Build and will start a build thread tonight to show you guys where I'm at on the build, Glad to be a part of this group, You guys seem like some classy fun people!! Unlike some of the other forums we all know which ones I'm talking about to! Haha, Look forward to helping other and learning new stuff here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

puffermike

You'll find nothing but help and support with the people here David! Glad to see you joined after lurking for so long. Tell us more about your job and what you do! I'm looking forward to seeing your setups. :)

:bouncer::bouncer::bouncer:

DSP

You'll find nothing but help and support with the people here David! Glad to see you joined after lurking for so long. Tell us more about your job and what you do! I'm looking forward to seeing your setups. :)

:bouncer::bouncer::bouncer:

Thanks man! As far as work I'm just an employee at world's under water which is a aquarium shop that sales saltwater and freshwater aquarium livestock and supplies but we do specialize in Saltwater of course! I do a little bit of everything there at the store my favorite part is helping new customers and getting them into the hobby! I also maintenence the tanks by cleaning, topping off, waterchanges and all that good stuff basically everything we do at home to our tanks haha, It never gets old though I really enjoy being around all the livestock and helping take care of it is just awesome. Thanks once again! Iv heard nothing but good things about this forum!

DSP

And I will have pics up tonight when I get home for sure!

puffermike

Was working at the shop you're at now how you got into the saltwater hobby or were you destined at a young age haha? It's always nice to have people in the trade aspect of this hobby. At my LFS a lot of the more attentive employees absorb so much knowledge through seeing everything. They're always a pleasure to talk to and learn from.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS!!! That shop sounds familiar, do you know Diana?

DSP

Was working at the shop you're at now how you got into the saltwater hobby or were you destined at a young age haha? It's always nice to have people in the trade aspect of this hobby. At my LFS a lot of the more attentive employees absorb so much knowledge through seeing everything. They're always a pleasure to talk to and learn from.

I was into reef aquariums before I started working there, I have only been reefing for 4 years gettin close to 5 now, I have learned a lot but still have lots to learn for sure lol, Can't know enough in this hobby! There's always something new to learn and that's one of the reasons I enjoy this so much,I know I'm gunna learn some things here and hopefully I can help others as well!

DSP

Thanks for the welcome everyone! You guys and gals are awesome!

DSP

Welcome to RS!!! That shop sounds familiar, do you know Diana?

I dont think I do but maybe if I saw her face I'd recognize her haha I am very very bad with names, Does she come in the shop quite a bit? And thanks for the welcome!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Hey David, Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! I think I've seen some of your photos on fb. I sure wish World's Under Water was in central Arkansas. It seems like you guys do it much better than the two down here do. I'll be at the frag swap in April.

DSP

Hey David, Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! I think I've seen some of your photos on fb. I sure wish World's Under Water was in central Arkansas. It seems like you guys do it much better than the two down here do. I'll be at the frag swap in April.

Thanks man! Really apreciate the kind words! And awesome! I can't wait for the swap it's gunna be a good one for sure and I will see ya there! Send me a request on Facebook when ya get the chance Always cool to see some razorback fans on these forums!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello David :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Sure am excited that You joined RS :yehoo:
I know I've probably met you in person at WUW....it's my favorite (not so local) Fish Store :D
Lots of my reef tank corals, fish & both my ceramic shelves came from there :yup:
You probably remember me as the crazy lady that always says "hold all my stuff & I'll be back to pick it up before you close today". ;)
Anyway, Great to have you as a member on this forum. Look forward to seeing lots of posts from you as you share your tank build and other stuff with RS.
I will be sure to ask Brandon & Bobby where you are if I don't see you next trip up there....
Do you have any bright green monti-cap frags or Pink Candy cane (trumpet) corals @WUW now?

DSP

Hello David :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Sure am excited that You joined RS :yehoo:
I know I've probably met you in person at WUW....it's my favorite (not so local) Fish Store :D
Lots of my reef tank corals, fish & both my ceramic shelves came from there :yup:
You probably remember me as the crazy lady that always says "hold all my stuff & I'll be back to pick it up before you close today". ;)
Anyway, Great to have you as a member on this forum. Look forward to seeing lots of posts from you as you share your tank build and other stuff with RS.
I will be sure to ask Brandon & Bobby where you are if I don't see you next trip up there....
Do you have any bright green monti-cap frags or Pink Candy cane (trumpet) corals @WUW now?

Hi Diana! I do remember you! Haha, did you buy one of the Scolys not to to long ago? Or maybe it was a brain? I remember you saying you would be back before close and you were! Lol. BTW I'm the guy with the tattoos lol, Bobby is known as the beard guy and I'm known as the tattoo guy haha, Also about those corals I have not been able to make it up there the last 4-5 days mainly because the horrible weather we just got so I'm not exactly sure what's in stock right now, I do work tomorrow and I will update on everything as soon as I get the chance tomorrow, good to see you on here and thanks for the welcome!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF

John, when in April is the frag swap?
I want to mark my calendar ahead of time so I can take off work to go.
I got some nice corals there last year :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Yep, BOTH of my Scolymias came from Worlds Under Water. :D
I really REALLY L:heart:VE the "master Scoly" I saw there last trip but it was like $700. and I just can't imagine paying THAT MUCH for one coral. But it's the prettiest one I've ever seen :snshne:

DSP

Haha! I will have tons of pics coming up soon in my thread I just started! Will get the rest of the pics up asap