What is in your refugium??

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
What is in your refugium???

My sump is my refugium. I have lots of cool stuff in it :) In one chamber I have a shallow sand bed with a few nassarius snail and rock rubble; in the other I have large rocks, mushroom, xenia, chaetomorpha macro algae, an urchin, convicted hermits, a few snails, and a few bio balls just incase I need bio seeds for my QT.

Here is a pic looking down into it from the top. This only shows 1/4 of it. You can see my poly filter to the left.

Attachments

• 101_8204.jpg
    101_8204.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 75

spykes

hehhe HEY i remember that picture. what's in mine? i dunno acrylic and silcon right now soon who knows =]

mps9506

what are the bioballs floating around for Doni?

I personally don't run a refugium. I prefer to try to minimze nutrients before algae can make use of them.

Mike

Craig Manoukian

Live rock and skimmer in the intake chamber. Caulerpa, two Sleeper Banded Gobies, Strawberry Psuedochromis, Nassaurius Snails, Scarlet Hermit, 4" DSB, and some polyps in my 24/7 lit refugium. :eye:

Craig Manoukian

You can see my refugium at the bottom of this photo.

12Full_Tank-Sump_12-06-04_001-med.jpg

:bigbounce

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
I guess you could say our sump is our refugium. We have some live sand (which I wish we hadn't put in) rock, heater, skimmer.

Icebox

well right now I have a return pump, skimmer, and about 20 lbs of live rock. I am looking forward to the day of haveing a 75 gal refuge at which time I will only have a heater and possible a small pump for water circulation. Then I will have a DSP, probably 50+ lbs of LR, some calerpa, and who knows exactly what other little things.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Heres a picture of my refugium. Its a mud/fluidized bed system that i made out of a 30 gal. The water overflows from the main tank to the left side, then passes under the mud going up and through it, then overflowing to the next chamber where i keep the skimmer and drop in chiller. the heater is in the refugium. then the water gets pulled out and up to a uv sterilizer and returns to the tank. :hallo: Woody!

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
:hallo: Frankie

Nice. I have been thinking about using a glass aquarium for a sump upgrade. The sump I have now is a stripped acrylic wet dry.

Was it hard to make the baffles/walls? Did you use acrylic or glass? Any tips?

Gina

RS STAFF
We have a 10g glass sump w/baffles. Mark measured the inside of the tank then we went to Lowes and had them cut it for us. We then used Silicone to install them, We had 3 pieces cut. It was very easy to do. Well, at least it was easy for him LOL not sure if it would have been for me!!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you Craig and Gina. That doesn't sound difficult. Maybe I can make that my project after the holidays.