Weather good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

ReefLady

Staff member
What do you guys think? Yay or nay? I thought it was pretty cool, weather is one of those things I'm not up to date on.

To get it to show weather in your area, you should see a link in the box. Xlick that and on the page that loads, enter your zip code in the appropriate field.

Once it's up, you can click the weather image for your 5-day forecast.

Maybe it's just me and I spend too much time here. LOL.

Gina

RS STAFF
Actually, I noticed that the other day and thought it was pretty cool. We typed in our zip code and now get our local temp. Pretty neat!

Witfull

i like it,,first few days left it set for hawaii,,,,but this last night set it for here,,,,its a shock seeing 80*
and walking out to 22*,,,,,brrr

Last edited:

jimeluiz

It's fun. I like popping around the country. It helps me build empathy for my colleagues trying to keep their tanks warm in the bitter winter cold. Here in SF, where it is pretty much 55 - 65 degrees all the time, it is a different reality.

mps9506

yea, I like. I poped on and saw a low of 23 degrees. Yikes... It got cold last nite. I don't like this weather when I'm at the beach.

Cougra

You've got a slight problem with your international members who don't have Zip codes. Postal codes don't work neither and I get an error message when I enter anything.

Looking at the temp in Hawaii really isn't my idea of fun when they have 29C and I'm at -22C!!

It's a neat feature, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't work for me and I don't know anything about Zip codes to put get somewhere a little more reasonable for local temperatures.

Last edited:

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry Michelle. I knew it didn’t work internationally but I thought you Canadians had succumbed to international pressures to adopt our ZIP code system. Looks like we’re gonna have to invade after all. ;)

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Figure out which is the closest US city to you, and do a google search for the zip code for that city.

Cougra

Sorry Michelle. I knew it didn’t work internationally but I thought you Canadians had succumbed to international pressures to adopt our ZIP code system. Looks like we’re gonna have to invade after all.
Funny you should mention that but didn't the US adopt the ZIP code because they noticed how effective the Postal Code system worked in Canada and the UK? It's not us who mucked up, but you guys who messed with a good thing :) ;)

Alright then on a more serious note:
Where do I go to get rid of the error box that I'm getting? If I click on the box I go to an error page that doesn't give me any options to delete the info I've put in there.

Cougra

Never mind, figured out where the informations was stored. Error page no longer shows. For anyone else looking for how to fix it it's in Edit Profile.

fugazi

love it!! i can sit around and watch the weather channel and drink wine for hours at a time!! jk:D but it is cool!

Cougra

proud2bcanadian said:
LOL! We should just type in a Zip Code from Alaska. We'll feel better...

Actually I do have Anchorage Alaska on at that moment. In case your wondering what the code you can use 99501

However, it's really NOT very reassuring since the current temperature in Anchorage Alaska is WARMER then it is here :(