unknown hitchhiker, is it reef safe??

brikeibur

We found this hitchhiker lurking around our tank after all the lights went off...

IMG_3392.jpg

KodiakBear

Well, after one of the "catfish" tried his paws at swimming in the sump, the others all pretty much just admired from afar ever since.
I do have to keep a chair in front of the tank for the fluffy white one, or she'll cry and fuss until I put it back.

caitrina

Especially when enticed by a stepstool placed in front of the tank.

:lol: I have to use that step stool when I do things to the tank and she just kind of hops up there to help me. It isn't always sitting there, silly....:lol:

Good pic, brikeibur!

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have that same critter, mine is not reefsafe, i have to keep it away!!! along with her lil sister....

l_277fee27ae10b2c5a253bd774d725830.jpg

gonefishin

Depending on what you have in your tank, that hitchhiker might be a good source of protien.... Ok.... that was bad. I have one of my own and it has already experimented getting wet. I don't think he wanted to hurt the fish... he just wanted to be with them.

Witfull

i had one of those but it became very reefsafe. seems one day she was sitting on the rim of the tank, eyeballing the pretty yellow fishie thinking its sushi time. undeknownst the the kitty, yellow fishie is thinking, lets have some fun.

now enter my wife and i. we see kitty extending paw to get the sushi fish as sushi fish rises to the kitty. before we can say a word to scoot kitty away, paw touches water and at the precise moment sushi fish spits water into kittys face. wet, startled, shocked and flabergasted kitty jumps straight up, failing to take into account the precarious perch on which she sat.

sushi fish smiles and darts away to safety apparantly knowing the hilarious outcome that will transpire.

at the apex of kittys leap she casts her eyes down and they widen, to late gravity has taken over and SPLASH.

pretty yellow fishie pokes out from the rocks to watch flailing kitty attempt to escape.

i retrieve wet, non sushie eating kitty from tank. yellow fishie darts across tank gleefully.

10yrs later, we still laugh about it.

BoomerD

Whether they are reef-safe or not is a matter of opinion, but they are reputed to make very efficient filters...

apc.jpg

I do suspect that they will become nitrate factories rather quickly however..........:D