Unique Shrooms"

R.yumaDaddy?

Unique Shrooms?

I was just wondering if this type of Discmosa was recognized as anything different scientifically from the common mushrooms? Are they rare? They have strange Ricordea like bumps which prompted me to purchase them ($24). I've seem ones like this before in pics here http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/collectors-corner/5657-shroom-room-8.html

Shrooms.jpg

Thanks all

Last edited:

Cougra

Its "POSSIBLE" they could be a type of Rhodactis sp. (generally called hairy mushrooms) but I don't have the time to do the research on them at the moment. They are awesome looking shrooms though!

ReefDave

They are Rhodactis, the trade name for them is "Purple Bullseye Rhodactis" Ive gotten them in this color and more pink as well.

R.yumaDaddy?

They definetly look similar to both Discmosa and Rhodactis. I'm leaning more towards Discmosa as there very smooth except for the bumps. I'll get a better closeup.

Gina - I bought them at That Pet Place in Lancaster, PA

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
those are reallly nice shrooms some of the coolest ive seen ...whos in line for frags??LOL

lcstorc

I said it first. Grin.
Gonna have to get me some of those somewhere.
If I do I go to Pt St Lucie pretty often (parents live there) so we can meet and I'll give you some. Gotta get my tank situation straightened out though first and then we'll see but Palm Beach is close so we should be able to work something out.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
Nice lynn ..that would be great..dont worry ill be looking all over:dryer: to get some too..LOL