Tony's Amazing 39 Gallon Experience

thelastmucci

Ok all so I got my tank yesterday and it's all setup (minus the lights which can't go up yet due to the fact that I'm an idiot and broke one of the feet for it.:smck: ) The stand took about 7 hours to build (bob the builder I ain't) and the tank itself didn't take much time. Eddie is the best considering I called him like umpteen times today to get the tank all setup. I'm EXTRODINARILLY happy with it and can't wait till I have some money to dump into it. Again I'd like to thank my familly (read members) who went out of their way and got this lovely piece for me. Now onto the pics.

You can check them out at Reefspace.com under "thelastmucci" Please leave comments either here or their so I can get some feedback......once I get a replacement leg I'll post some pics of the light....it's SOOO bright.

rlcline76

I have commented...but you could also put those pics here. I'm sure everyone would love to see it as this thread grows!

Do you still want me to send an HK1?

thelastmucci

Now quit bugging me for pictures:whstlr:

Attachments

• mini-mucci1.jpg
    mini-mucci1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by a moderator:

dfurbee

Mucci, nice tank! Enjoy setting it up. I know you will do it right, as much as you have studied ;)

thelastmucci

Becky to answer your question...the list is small as of now but I do have some livestock I"d really like to get

1 ocellaris piccasso clown
1 black onxy clown (both ORA)

2 PJ cardinal fish
1 royal gramma

1 scotts fairy wrasse

Possible late edition (after about a year or so) Mandarin fish

For Corals

Zoas (any but the cooler the better)
1 brain favia (the one that looks like a brain preferbibly green)
1 aussie acan (proably not till I get some loot together.)
some rhodactis mushrooms

and really that's my coral list for now...possiblities include a hammer and or torch and maybe a frogspawn.

My list doesn't include my CUC but I"ll proabably get that from liveaquaria.

Also I"d like to say "Hi" and "thanks for the comments" to everyone that posted.

Elliott..yea it comes with a skimmer..a pinwheel at that...it's one of if not the Best AIO on the market...that's why I wanted it so much hehe.

Reefspace is a place to put all your reefing pictures..my SN on their is thelastmucci..I think the URL is ReefSpace.

Last edited:

rlcline76

I might be sending you some reading material with the HK1. I am pleased to see that you've been on the ORA site window shopping. Watch how many fish you stock, I think you have more fish listed than I was going to put in the 55. Reconsider the mandarinfish, they are gorgeous but they do not do so well in captivity.

That Fish Place seems to be cheaper than livequaria on snails...really will depend on what you are looking for. You might also want to check out the sponsors here to see what they are selling.

thelastmucci

good call becky...probably forgo the mandarin...as I've read the same things you have. I guess I can go with one PJ cardinal instead of two...would like some variey....their all pretty small fish...I think the biggest one is the scotts fairy and that only gets to about 3'' so I should be good as far as "overstocking" Plus I plan on having TONS of filtration and doing weekly to bi weekly 10-20% water changes. I'm more concrened about growing corals taking up valuable realestate...one coral I did forget...I would like to get a pulsing xenia at some point and MAYBE an anemone but I probably won't go though with that one. I"ll have to check the sponsers here...haven't really browsed this site too much yet..it's so much bigger than "site X" but I really do love it here.

rlcline76

I picked up a back issue of Coral Magazine...feature story anemonefish. I'll be sure to get done with it and send it your way.

tbittner

You system has a built in fuge. I'm pretty sure it would be able to support a Mandarin. Especially if you wait for a year like you mentioned. The wrasse may compete with the mandarin for pods though. If nothing else, dump a packet of pods in once a month or so.

naperenterprise

I've been watching your threads, I can't wait to see your tank grow and come to life. You got a lot of great friends!

Take care, and I'll keep watching as things progress for you ;)

thelastmucci

tbittner....as long as I don't overcrowd and there's enough food to go around then I may get it...I just love the look of the fish so much and it's the first fish that I really fell in love with.

I just want to say that I'm truly blessed to have all these wonderful people in my life...guys and gals you know who you are...again thank you for making this dream a possiblity before I'm 30 LOL.

I also promise to update as much as possible when anything new happens...next up is the light fixture.....at night

tbittner

I totally agree! I love the looks of the mandarin. Unfortunately, mine spends all of her time BEHIND the rocks! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have to lean down and look behind the rocks to see her. Hopefully when everything gets moved into the big tank she'll re-establish herself out front.