Tok's RSM 250

Tokalosh

My pulsating Xenia's have packed there bags and left.

They went from this.....

_MG_3624.jpg

To nothing in two days!

I checked my water parameters and all looked good, the only things I can put it down to is a temp spike.
My chiller got knocked off and the tank went from 25'c to 28'c, could this be the culprit?

Tok

Tokalosh

Ladies and Gentlemen

I'd like your advise on housing two fuzzy dwarf lion fish in my 250.

Can this be done and is it a good idea?

I have not added any more fish to my tank after the last crack.

At the moment all I have are the following:

1 x Yellow Tang
1 x Dot Dash
1 x Flam Angle
1 x Royal Gramma
3 x Chromis
1 x Tomato Clown
1 x Hawk Fish

and one Fuzzy Dwarf Lion fish.

I'd love to add another dwarf but I'm not to sure on what the out come would be.
How does one sex these type of fish so I can possibly get a M&F?

Is the one I have a MRS or a MR?

_MG_3696.jpg

_MG_3678.jpg

_MG_3653.jpg

_MG_3655.jpg

Thanks

Tok

Tokalosh

Seems like a have a few questions today and I'm hoping that they will be answered.

Could anyone please tell me what is happening to my beautiful mushrooms.
I got home today and found what looks like round tumors growing from the one mushrooms.

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

All in all they look healthy.

Tok

modulok

"It's not a toomah"

I honestly have no idea what it could be. It does look neat though. Is it spreading babies around?

Tokalosh

I made some changes to the tank and had to swop a few corals out and put a few new ones in.

I also bought a few from Kay who was breaking down his tank.
Thanks Kay the coral are doing well and are very happy in there new home.

Full Tank Shot
IMG_1780.jpg

My new Red and Green Monti Cap from Kay.
IMG_1786.jpg

My Duncans, front
IMG_3772.jpg

Back
IMG_3779.jpg

and my new leather from Kay, oh and my new 6 line in the background.
IMG_3774.jpg

IMG_3775.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tok

CoreyM

Very nice tank. Looks like you have a little red slime. Im fighting it to. Let me know if you get it taken care of and what worked best for you. Thanks.

Tokalosh

Thanks guy's, I'm going to try the lights out for three days and see what happens.

I'm hoping this will cure my diatom problem.

Tok

CoreyM

Thanks guy's, I'm going to try the lights out for three days and see what happens.

I'm hoping this will cure my diatom problem.

Tok

Keep me posted please. As stated above I'm trying to solve the same problem. I tried siphoning it out but it really only stirred it up with the sand. I turkey basted it out for the most part but can tell it has not solved the problem. Thanks Corey

Jetbkk

Hey Tok.. I just read your tank thread from start to finish. Amazing journey you've had and I can't believe you had 2 cracked tanks. You've rebounded very nicely each time and #3 is looking great. Great corals and fish. I love your photography.

Is your dwarf Lionfish really not picking on the smaller fish? I'd love to have a Lionfish but i'm afraid after all I've read...

Tokalosh

Hey Tok.. I just read your tank thread from start to finish. Amazing journey you've had and I can't believe you had 2 cracked tanks. You've rebounded very nicely each time and #3 is looking great. Great corals and fish. I love your photography.

Is your dwarf Lionfish really not picking on the smaller fish? I'd love to have a Lionfish but i'm afraid after all I've read...

Jetbkk, thank you for reading my thread and thanks for the compliments.

At the moment my FDL keeps to himself, but I must keep reminding myself that he still very young.
This been said he does have one hell of an appetite. I'm astound at how BIG his mouth is when he feeds.

Time will tell if he will remain in my tank when he grows up, but for now he is good to stay.

Tok

Tokalosh

Keep me posted please. As stated above I'm trying to solve the same problem. I tried siphoning it out but it really only stirred it up with the sand. I turkey basted it out for the most part but can tell it has not solved the problem. Thanks Corey

CoreyM, I'm happy to report that this method does indeed work.
But I do think its not a permanent solution and will have to be done at least once a month.

Tok

Tokalosh

Well I've ordered my ATI's and l can't wait to install them.

At the end of the day I decided to go with the following setup.

ATI

One - ATI Purple Plus
One - ATI Blue Plus
Two - ATI 12000K Aquablue Special
Two - Coral Plus

Now I just got to figure out what order to install them in.

Tok