Tok's RSM 250

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Dude if you haven't been refilling your headlight fluid this whole time its most likely empty by now... :p

dmatt88

Looking awesome buddy. Those red lights help view the critters?

Oh ya. Get that mag up it'll help with the calc. U ever consider a calc reactor?

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.

lethal

So can you use ro water to calibrate a refractometer? I'm due to check mine and i'm all out of calibration fluid that came with it.

Built347

So can you use ro water to calibrate a refractometer? I'm due to check mine and i'm all out of calibration fluid that came with it.

I did not know there was calibration fluid... I have always used rodi. Lol

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have been calibrating my refractometer for 2 years with RO/DI water. I received some calibration fluid yesterday from BRS and calibrated it with that.

When calibrated with RO/DI water, my tank water was reading 1.026.
When calibrated with calibration fluid, my tank water is reading 1.023.

That is a huge difference! Calibration fluid is cheap and I will only be using it from now on!

Built347

I have been calibrating my refractometer for 2 years with RO/DI water. I received some calibration fluid yesterday from BRS and calibrated it with that.

When calibrated with RO/DI water, my tank water was reading 1.026.
When calibrated with calibration fluid, my tank water is reading 1.023.

That is a huge difference! Calibration fluid is cheap and I will only be using it from now on!

Wow

lethal

Double wow! Looks like i'll be getting calibration fluid after all. Thanks Glenn and Greg.

Tokalosh

Some updated pics of mt FDL.

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

and my Monti Cap is doing well, check out the growth.

IMG_3840.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tok