The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

MarvinsReef

DSC_0225.jpg
very sweet man.... :)

nataliek2270

Just for comparison, this is how beautifully Doni's fish are coming along. Before and After from 3 weeks ago, and again today. What a difference!!

Day 1:
IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

3 weeks later:
IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

These pictures were taken with the same camera (canon 20d) with no photoshopping, they are really this gorgeous orange! Thanks Doni!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Nice!!!!

Is it your camera or did they turn that orange? What are you feeding them?

nataliek2270

I used the same camera on both sets of pictures, and I did not adjust the color at all. I have a Canon 20D, which does not alter colors in anyway like some cheap digitals will. So yes, they really are that color! I have been feeding them a mix of cylop-eeze and marine cuisine twice daily, and they have loved it. Even the small one which is a lot younger than the larger one has put on a ton of black in 3 weeks. You have raised some top quality clowns, thank you Doni :bouncer:

nataliek2270

IMG_2756-1.jpg

Here is a full tank shot to show you how nicely colored they have gotten. I figure you can tell that the corals have not been color adjusted and you can really tell how vibrant Doni's picassos have turned out!

Oh, and I did have a problem with the bigger one (Rome) beating up on the smaller one (Maximus), but I started feeding them before the lights came on and after I turned off my daylights at night, and the fighting is almost nonexistent now. I also put the big one in a breeder net for a day or two to give the smaller on a rest from being chased, and they are swimming around together now. I hope that helps those of us who have rambunctious clowns :)

kobelka

I cant believe the colours! I have to switch up my food! Mine are beautiful but pale in comparison. Are you feeding the frozen cyclopeeze?
Thanks and sorry for the off topic!

sambrinar

Here Doni are some picts taken today of my grade B should be just at a year old, right? I received him in November at 3 months old.. If you wish you can use the picts on your site

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

Blurp

Great painters these fish!!!;) Much more beautiful than Platinium.
Wonder whether they'd be accepted by my 2 ocellaris or if they'd fight for their carpet..

BIGKAHANA

Doni --
did you get my email?
The fish is absolutely stunning! But it doesnt want to eat the 1mm Spectrum pellets? Is it common for the fish not to eat the first day in the new tank? I will post some pics tomorrow

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Doni --
did you get my email?
The fish is absolutely stunning! But it doesnt want to eat the 1mm Spectrum pellets? Is it common for the fish not to eat the first day in the new tank? I will post some pics tomorrow

I have to sleep sometime :goofy: I was asleep when you sent it to me lastnight.

Here is my response:

Hi.
Sometimes they eat right away, sometimes it takes them a day or two. It depends on food offerings, surroundings, etc. as to how comfortable they are.
In your case, the 1mm pellets are much too large and he will not be able to eat those. Please see this page for the appropriate food sizes: http://www.donisreef.com/feeding.html
Thank you for your interest.
Doni Marie
Welcome to Doni's Reef! Home of the Snowcasso!

sambrinar

here is a pict taken Friday Doni, he is a confused monster.. likes the blue xenia more than the 2 GBTAs in the tank..you may use this pict on your site if you wish

IMG_0039.jpg